City Vs Seville Champions League Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might find it difficult to play against a player with that amount of power. Not sure he is 100% yet. Think he needs 2 or 3 more games, but then as soon as he's 100%, Aguero will be back and its back to the bench.
You can't say that. This is football. He scored two vs Bournemouth, he's scoring two tonight, and he's scoring on the weekend. If he continues to score, he stays in. Aguero won't be back to full fitness straight away, especially not if Wilf is doing the job.

I said Aguero would score at least three vs Newcastle, I said Wilf would score two on the weekend. He scores two tonight.
If Bony gets fully fit and in form he could be banging in goals all over the place. If he was to average close to 2 a game or more and we were on a solid winning run would you drop him for Aguero?
I’d be tempted to give Bony a good run now and not consider AGuero until he is back to 100% fitness and then I’d bringing him off the bench in games. We need to get both fit and in form and Bony will suffer unless he gets a run at some point.
Glad you said this mate, I was going to reply earlier but couldn't be arsed wasting my time. Now that I've quoted your post I see the forum has saved my earlier comments...

As much as I'd like to see us play Fernando, Fernandinho and Toure, I can't see Pellegrini doing it. I think it will be the same starting XI as Saturday, with Kompany replacing Otamendi.

Out of curiosity who would you leave out and why ?

Out of curiosity who would you leave out and why ?

Navas, albeit reluctantly.

I'd just like to see us set up fairly solid to start with, then we'd have the option to be more attacking in the second half if required.

Too many times in European games (and increasingly Premier League games) I've seen the opposition waltz through our midfield when we play Toure as part of a midfield two.

We need to win our home games so will be offensive. That's not to say we won't start out in the game more reservedly formation wise and use the bench deeper into the game.
I'd like to see KDB play in the no 10 role centrally with Sterling out wide Left with Zabba giving the width on the right for balance. MP's big decision is 2 or 3 in the middle. If we forgo Navas initially he can go 3 with both Ferns giving the legs allowing Toure to run the game. (my preference as experience has taught us a middle 2 can be swamped) If we still aren't winning it or to change it up Navas comes on at 60 mins to liven things up hopefully to add the cherry on top. Possible to start with Navas for Sterling as well though.

I'd just like to see us set up fairly solid to start with, then we'd have the option to be more attacking in the second half if required.

Too many times in European games (and increasingly Premier League games) I've seen the opposition waltz through our midfield when we play Toure as part of a midfield two.

I worry that that axis of three with Toure and the two Ferns is some thing which is great in theory but in practice makes us very blunt going forward. We have to win tonight. A point is pretty useless.

I agree btw I think other than Vinny it'll be same team as the weekend.

I'd keep the same team, but obviously Otomendi drops to the bench for Vinny. Navas and Sterling gives us a 2 pronged attack down the flanks which will stretch Seville, and given the killer balls KDB has been laying on, we should cause Seville some serious problems.

Would you say the same formation against a mid-table PL side? I don't think we should play the occasion, which is what that formation does for me. Why change what we are good at when we have to win? We are the best side on the field, we should at least let them know it by playing a side that is used to going out and winning.

Personally, I'd go with:
----------------Hart--------------
Zaba--Kompany--Mangala--Sagna
-----Fernandinho--Fernando---------
Navas------De Bruyne---------Sterling
----------------Bony------------------

I suspect Pellers might go:
----------------Hart--------------
Zaba--Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
------Fernandinho--Yaya--------
Navas------Sterling-----------De Bruyne
----------------Bony------------------

Tough call on Yaya or Fernando.Without Yaya we might struggle a bit on the ball, and the concern would be that with that 'back 6', we might find it difficult to get enough good ball into the front four. But I'd just like to see us try something a bit different, and Yaya very rarely hits his marks in Europe anyway. Given that he's been carrying a knock as well, and that I'd want him in against the rags, I'd lean towards Fernando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.