City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

We would only have got Bilbao in next round anyway and gone out Mancinis body language was shocking theres somat not right

Have nothing but hate towards the 4-5 players that went down like they had been shot, and then after some time stand up like nothing happened.

But we were not good enough in the first half.

Let the race towards the league title begin.

Love Dzeko tonight, really changed things when he came on and was able to hold up/link up play.

Balo: Frankly I thought there was as good a chance of him spiking someone in the face as scoring. I worry about him sometimes.

Aguero: Was immense in the second half when he really let go and went for it. That's the Aguero I want to see all the time!

Silva: Just looked off it. He needs rest.

Mancini: May need to loosen up a bit, but I'd also say the player just aren't delivering on the pitch. They aren't really going for it like they did in the second half tonight. I don't know what to say here honestly.

I thought Joe had scored and was going crazy at work here. Glad no one was here when I realized no, just missed!

Also

After Dzeko and Aguero have had a slow few weeks they both got on in this second half. Hopefully they'll pick up form with some momentum from that...

Anyone else think Silva has been a little subpar recently? I'd wonder what a side without Silva and with Nasri and Milner with Aguero/Dzeko would look like.

I'm in two minds really, it might be a blessing in disguise that we are out, but it was a poor first half performance.

Still, for all the Mancini skeptics, he must have given a superb half-time talk and the substitution made a massive difference.

I'm much more confident about the Chelsea game now.

blue underpants said:
We would only have got Bilbao in next round anyway and gone out Mancinis body language was shocking theres somat not right

he was put on hold until summer for the contract !

texas pete said:
80s Shorts said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Sorry but are season went with that

great come back but play like that which we will again and we are in trouble

Stop talking garbage. The season went with that ? Wish you would fuck off i really do. u got a b a wum .

You obviously feel more confident then me then. Well perhaps you can explain how we can 'kick on' from here then? There is nothing like winning.

Next 2 games lets hazard a guess a guess at 3 points maybe 1 in current form?

I think you're the WUM.

Grow a spine mate.

Jumanji said:
Why can't we play with urgency more often?

Why can't we try to beat a man instead of tippy tappying more often?

Why can't we put Kolarov through on goal more often? Both of our fullbacks for that matter.

That second half is how we should try to play all the time. Be more direct, we create more chances from it.

Fookin totally this ... fookin get a grip, City

hertsblue said:
Disgusting time wasting. Should be ashamed to call themselves Professionals after that. Thought the ref got it wrong also, 5 mins was not enough injury time for the time wasting

true, there could have been 4 or 5 minutes of time for everything else aside from the blatant incidents of bruised eyelashes that several of their players came up with.

nevertheless, we won the game and now have nothing left but the league to focus on...

(and if we win that I'm sure no one's going to be overly concerned about this evening)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.