City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

Feel humbled by the ovation both sets of fans gave each other along with scarf/shirt swapping and hand shaking. Was nice to see. Even waited outside until they were let out to congratulate them and managed to swap my shirt with them. They all want us to go on and win the prem & they all love mario!

Anyway Amo-Te Lisbon fans!

We were shit tonight anyone who was happy leaving the ground tonight needs to give their head a wobble, that comeback is papering over the cracks! we have problems and needs sorting fast!

Josh Blue said:
Aguero------Dzeko------Balotelli

I like it.

With a left winger in the summer (maybe Hazard), leaving a Dzeko/Balo rotation, I reckon this'd be the best way we could play, a lot more purpose and width but still with the same level of ball retention. Surely this would have everyone playing to the strengths and it's hard not to imagine Dzeko being a 25 goal a season forward in this set up.

Ok not read all of the thread but... My observations, when we get the ball in the middle of the field we hold up way too long, the players are in a perfect position to receive the ball but that position is compromised by indecision. The impetus is lost, the play breaks down and all of a sudden we are chasing the ball back towards our own goal. Second half what did we see ? Sporting in our half twice and 3 almost 4 goals. Surely our boys can play 90 mins like that ?

Josh Blue said:

I like it.

Exactly.

Not saying play it against Chelsea or Rags - but do it against fucking Swanseas, Sunderlands, and Fulhams of this earth.

I think somebody mentioned this before. I can see this v Chelsea after watching tonight:

Balo ----- Dzeko/Tevez ----- Aguero

Josh Blue said:

I like it.
We'd have to play 433...The Expansive Formation.

Could work.

Although I don't know if it worked because of the desire in the second half...That's a possibility.

SuperSilva said:
I think somebody mentioned this before. I can see this v Chelsea after watching tonight:

Balo ----- Dzeko/Tevez ----- Aguero

Come to think of it - I dont think Aguero and Tevez should be allowed in same starting line-up...their COMBINED height is 6'2

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.