City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

crashbangwollop said:
Pam said:
I feel a bit reassured. If we play to our potential, the rags will be fucked.

I do too, slightly, but which City will show up for the last 10 games of the season? What the fuck went on in the first half?? Can anyone explain that? There was either no belief or lots of nerves - even Yaya and Silva were poor and Mario was close to messing it all up (but he's the one guy you want at the penalty spot)... I thought De Jong was brilliant when he came on, a true leader, I hope he plays more from now on. I hope we see more of City of the second half, but what happened in the first was worrying! Also we need Vinny back asap. My nerves are well and truly shot!

Swansea hangover. Took a long time to hit our stride is all. Hopefully we'll take heart from this. I'd sit the lot of them down to watch some video's of recent rag performances. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
80s Shorts said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
I fail to see what your point is. A team challenging for the title should not be losing nearly half their away games over such a long period.

4 out of 12 wasnt half when i went to school.
We were discussing the last 9 games. I referred to that. Your poor attempt to try and act condescending has failed.

We started talking about the last 5 months buddy. Are you a goldfish ?

Two amazing comebacks now this season, tonight and against the rags in the cup... but both times we didn't get the fairytale ending despite very near misses right at the death! Annoying because you know the fairytale endings would happen at some other clubs.

I liked the way we started getting crosses in instead of the plodding attempts to pick the perfect pass, pace and crossing is the perfect remedy when our usual approach isn't working and would probably have near enough won us the league by now if we'd utilized it properly in some away games.

The last 30 minutes or so were some of our best in months, the question is will we continue playing that way or will we go back to how we've been next week? Hopefully the former, if we could just keep up those performance levels for the rest of the season we could do it, we have to play like that if we're to get results at Stoke away, Arsenal away, etc.

80s Shorts said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
80s Shorts said:
4 out of 12 wasnt half when i went to school.
We were discussing the last 9 games. I referred to that. Your poor attempt to try and act condescending has failed.

We started talking about the last 5 months buddy. Are you a goldfish ?
Disappointment is a funny thing. Some people like me accept what's coming and look for solutions for the future. Others put their heads in the sand and try to start arguments with others through insults. Not one who will rise to it I'm afraid.

I am not reassured.

If Savic features in our ten game run in then I very much doubt that we will win the league. Likewise Kolarov and Johnson.

Yaya needs to play further forward

And we need to up the tempo and get at our opponents from the start

First half was dire

Pumping long balls up to Sergio aint gonna work

What the fuck was Mario doing gifting a free kick on the edge of the box ffs

Hello Guys

I'ma fan of Sporting. Sorry to be invading your space, but was wondering if any of you are willing to give a short interview for my blog on Sporting.

This was truly remarkable feat for my club and its supporters. Everybody said that were eliminated even without playing. We prove that everything can be reached with vigor against what to me is the team with the best squad in the world.

Please if someone is available to send me an e-mail to jplcpires31@gmail.com

Yours sincerely
Joao Pires

The comeback was certainly thrilling but when you strip that away there is something going badly wrong in the team at the moment. Lisbon lost their composure completely in that last half an hour. If they hadn't we might have got one goal but not three.

We need to show 90 minutes of fight against Chelsea to save the season.

Playing Yaya In De Jong's Defensive Role Is Not The Way To..

go.

There were certain things wrong tonight, especially in the first 45 minutes, but the most obvious was playing Yaya as the holding/defensive midfielder in front of the back four.

Bobby. Please don't do it again this season. Let Yaya do what he's best at. I know what it is, other City fans know what it is, and you should know what it is by now.

Cant beleive how giddy some people are after being knocked out of another competition and having a team who could only be arsed playing for the last 30 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.