City Vs Spuds Post Match Discussion thread

bluelol said:
Muzza said:
This image sums up my reaction and their chance and then our last goal:

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Quality!!

Whose the big bald fella with Pablo?

All the ego spurs to "win" the title evaporated in one day.

Arry almost crying lol

They didn't deserve a draw to be honest. I don't think they even created a chance before savic's mistake.

Train said:
They didn't deserve a draw to be honest. I don't think they even created a chance before savic's mistake.

Agreed yet reading the press you would have thought that they dicked us. I thought they had a good 15 minute spell after they scored their first.

Arsenal were a much tougher side to beat to be honest and I thought they did deserve a draw.

Where did 4 minutes injury time come from?

Just had this argument with a Spud at work.

Well, four goals and three substitutions is part of the answer, but I would like to think that Howard Webb added an extra minute on for blatant time wasting from Spurs when they were back at 2-2. Van der Vaart took about 3 minutes to get off the pitch when he was being subbed. Friedel took an age over goal kicks. A lot of Spurs players went down very easily and stayed down (one or two with good reason, I would acknowledge) One player would be ready to take a throw in and then leave it for another player - all classic time wasting tactics.

Lots of teams do this at our ground when the scores are level. It is as annoying and predictable as their fans singing 'where were you when you were shit?' (Spurs got that in with 1 minute 30 seconds on the clock yesterday - a new record?). It always annoys me and when we are 3-0 up I take some satisfaction from the knowledge that it was their own time they were wasting.

I would love to think that the last minute of injury time, in which they conceded the penalty, came as a direct result of their own time wasting.

Silva and Nasri show

thought for long spells they looked immense yesterday, by far Nasri' best game for us. wanted the ball and linked up well with Silva
Milner Barry just keep us ticking and do the hard work for the others to express themselves

Savic should of stepped up for the long ball, other than that and his silly dribbling he did ok.

Re: Silva and Nasri show

Spot on there Nasri had a great game he is settling in nicely, Silva almost back to his very best.

Thought Savic did reasonably well and if Hart had not dashed so far of his line Defoe would have had a harder time scoring.

Chris in London said:
Where did 4 minutes injury time come from?

Just had this argument with a Spud at work.

Well, four goals and three substitutions is part of the answer, but I would like to think that Howard Webb added an extra minute on for blatant time wasting from Spurs when they were back at 2-2. Van der Vaart took about 3 minutes to get off the pitch when he was being subbed. Friedel took an age over goal kicks. A lot of Spurs players went down very easily and stayed down (one or two with good reason, I would acknowledge) One player would be ready to take a throw in and then leave it for another player - all classic time wasting tactics.

Lots of teams do this at our ground when the scores are level. It is as annoying and predictable as their fans singing 'where were you when you were shit?' (Spurs got that in with 1 minute 30 seconds on the clock yesterday - a new record?). It always annoys me and when we are 3-0 up I take some satisfaction from the knowledge that it was their own time they were wasting.

I would love to think that the last minute of injury time, in which they conceded the penalty, came as a direct result of their own time wasting.

^^this^^ I like to think our late pen was a glorious and rare example of a player being punished for blatently wasting time by trudging slowly off the pitch at a snail's pace.
I know the ref stops play during subs but it seems these days a standard 3-5 mins is put on regardless of what's occurred beforehand so in many cases this cheating does pay off.

Although to be fair to van der Vaart that exagerated slow walk was the pace he set all afernoon.
A hopelessly over-rated player in my eyes.

Im glad that game clears a few things up

1, Modric is not in the same class as Silva

2, Walker is not even as good as Richards was 3 years ago never mind now

3, Bale is not worth 50 million never mind 150 million

4, Spuds play decent football but all this over rated shite the media come out with is outrageous, they just passed it in front of our back 4 or knocked the long ball

5, King can not cut it against top strikers, out of position when Silva slid Nasri in and shocking tackle for the pen

6, Savic has got the ability he just needs confidence, he looked very good until he made that howler the nerves got the better of him

7, Balo is cool as fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.