City vs Swans Post Match Thread

I'm With Stupid said:
I don't think the score reflected the performance yesterday. I thought we were back to being close to where we should be. I think the international break came at the perfect time.
Exactly, good point well made - yesterday reminded me very much of last season which is a good sign. Interesting that Manuel reverted to the players he trusted last year - of those available! Also in recent games we have averaged 20+ shots but with only 3 or 4 on target - much better yesterday making the keeper work shots on target in double figures.

bluesoup said:
haha, you a conspiracist?
No I was joking really, I can't see why any camera would have been watching that area, just like I couldn't see why either linesman or referee would have seen it either.

I sit that end of the pitch and even with human peripheral vision, I only saw Aguero go down, but not why, as I was concentrating on where the ball had gone.

cleavers said:
jimharri said:
Marvin said:
The red card at WBA was the clearest red card you'll see all season.
Agreed. The bloke came in two footed, with both feet off the ground. The fact he made minimal contact with Costa is irrelevant. In the current laws of the game, I believe the term ''endangering an opponent'' is used as a guideline for issuing a red card, rather than actually injuring the opponent. There have been worse two footed tackles than the one yesterday, but that doesn't make the tackle at Stamford Bridge any less of a red card.
Its amazing that anyone can see that tackle as not dangerous, its an awful challenge, launched (and I mean launched) from 6 feet away, 2 feet in the air, two footed, studs showing, with no idea of where he would land, or where Costa's legs would be at the time.
One - his studs were only briefly showing (and Costa was a good foot and a half away at the time).
Two - the studs hit the ground before Costa arrived at the spot of the block foul.
Costa then ran into the wall that had been placed in front of him.
Yellow for the deliberate block but red? - come on.

Compare and contrast with the assault on Aguero. A totally deliberate attempt to take Aguero out of the game by raking his foot down Aguero's Achilles. I was staggered he got away with a yellow. I was staggered Aguero was able to continue but he was ineffective for a long time after.

As to the ref not seeing the elbow - well I can see that, but the linesman in front of the East stand MUST have seen it. My view had the lino directly between myself and the incident. Although play was well to the right it really wasn't difficult to miss.

Fact is we were excellent yesterday!

We went behind and came back to beat a side who

Play great keep ball football
Are fifth (at start of play) in the league
Who came from behind to beat Arsenal in their last league game
Who beat Man Ushited comfortably at the theatre of screams

We have plenty of room for improvement and options to improve.

Any reasonably sane City fan would have taken any win at the start of play given our recent form.

Our defence was poor but we still won, let's just hope MP can sort it out and we can play like we did last season for the remainder of this.

BlueAnorak said:
As to the ref not seeing the elbow - well I can see that, but the linesman in front of the East stand MUST have seen it. My view had the lino directly between myself and the incident. Although play was well to the right it really wasn't difficult to miss.
I'm in 109 on the other side and I thought the assistant should have seen something as he was right in line with it.

There was an incident in the 2nd half where Aguero seemed to have his shirt pulled while running across the front of the Swansea penalty area yet the ref gave a free-kick to Swansea. Did anyone else see that properly?

Pics and comments on the Swansea game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citnov14b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citnov14b.htm</a>

Prestwich_Blue said:
BlueAnorak said:
I'm in 109 on the other side and I thought the assistant should have seen something as he was right in line with it.

There was an incident in the 2nd half where Aguero seemed to have his shirt pulled while running across the front of the Swansea penalty area yet the ref gave a free-kick to Swansea. Did anyone else see that properly?

Referee gave the free kick for handball by Sergio,(at least that's what he gestured) and Sergio didn't seem to complain too much about the decision, having said that, if it wasn't handball, he definitely had his shirt pulled.

Much better performance I thought Serge had a very ordinary game by his very high standards but we took all 3 which will do nicely nobody is fooled however we still have extremely big defensive issues to address everyone involved with the team is well aware of that and I for one trust the people in charge to sort us but where we are is remarkable considering injuries and poor form of key players, we've had much worse seasons ;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
BlueAnorak said:

Yes it was a clear shirt pull (and obvious free kick to Swansea).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.