City vs Swans Post Match Thread

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Having just seen Chelsea on MOTD I am astonished that WBA had a player send off for a basic foul - it was a two footed jump (though no danger of touching Costas with feet and studs were down) into a blocking position to block Costa. Yet in a player deliberately trying to take Augero out of the game my stamping on Aguero's achilles from behind with one foot was only booked. Similarly, another player elbowed Aguero in the face in clear sight of both linesmen - yet it was as though nothing happened...
The red card at WBA was the clearest red card you'll see all season.

I beg to differ. Its how you interpret the tackle. I don't think he was a danger to the player. It was a strange technique but he was over the ball and didn't lunge towards Costa. Only my opinion though, I think Robbie Savage said the same thing

Manchester_lalala said:
Clichy was awful the first half but did alright in the second. Don't know whats up with zabba, he had another bad game aswell. Martin was excellent though.
Zaba will have had an early night last night. He worked his bollocks off against one of the most impressive players I've seen this season. Montero's skill, strength and movement was very high quality! Montero also played very well defensively, so much so he kept Zaba fairly quiet. Never left his side.

That was a great duel! Don't know if anyone else in the Kippax noticed that they were kicking the shit out of each other up and down the line all second half? Neither took a dive, neither complained, both shook hands a few times after a kick too.

Great battle!

It also doesn't help when Navas ignores Zaba's overlapping runs and hesitates on the ball like a kid or runs where Zaba has just overlapped to.

Pezzer2 said:
Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Having just seen Chelsea on MOTD I am astonished that WBA had a player send off for a basic foul - it was a two footed jump (though no danger of touching Costas with feet and studs were down) into a blocking position to block Costa. Yet in a player deliberately trying to take Augero out of the game my stamping on Aguero's achilles from behind with one foot was only booked. Similarly, another player elbowed Aguero in the face in clear sight of both linesmen - yet it was as though nothing happened...

I beg to differ. Its how you interpret the tackle. I don't think he was a danger to the player. It was a strange technique but he was over the ball and didn't lunge towards Costa. Only my opinion though, I think Robbie Savage said the same thing
Never a red for me.

It's none of the following things:
Serious foul play
Violent conduct
Spitting at an opponent or any other person
Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
Receiving a second caution in the same match

It was a booking. No way was it a serious foul or dangerous. He just jumped in the air to block the ball and his feet landed straight down on he floor.

jimharri said:
Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Agreed. The bloke came in two footed, with both feet off the ground. The fact he made minimal contact with Costa is irrelevant. In the current laws of the game, I believe the term ''endangering an opponent'' is used as a guideline for issuing a red card, rather than actually injuring the opponent. There have been worse two footed tackles than the one yesterday, but that doesn't make the tackle at Stamford Bridge any less of a red card.
Its amazing that anyone can see that tackle as not dangerous, its an awful challenge, launched (and I mean launched) from 6 feet away, 2 feet in the air, two footed, studs showing, with no idea of where he would land, or where Costa's legs would be at the time.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
I see that rag stump Ogden reckons we were 'below par', 'unimpressive' and had to be 'rescued' by Ya Ya Toure's goal. Meanwhile back on Planet Earth I thought we were average for 15 minutes, good for the next 30, excellent for the next 25 and good again for the last 20. Maybe we should have shut up shop for the last 10, but in Barrow, Bony and that big lad who came on, they had pace, width and power in attacking areas, and I'm not convinced sitting back and inviting crosses would have been the best idea. I was quite happy to see us try and kill it off down the other end

The fucking rat was also mouthing off on twitter about the atmosphere being shit.

Sorry if posted but, did we find any footage for the aguero off the ball incident ?

KippaxCitizen said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Clichy was awful the first half but did alright in the second. Don't know whats up with zabba, he had another bad game aswell. Martin was excellent though.
Zaba will have had an early night last night. He worked his bollocks off against one of the most impressive players I've seen this season. Montero's skill, strength and movement was very high quality! Montero also played very well defensively, so much so he kept Zaba fairly quiet. Never left his side.

That was a great duel! Don't know if anyone else in the Kippax noticed that they were kicking the shit out of each other up and down the line all second half? Neither took a dive, neither complained, both shook hands a few times after a kick too.

Great battle!

It also doesn't help when Navas ignores Zaba's overlapping runs and hesitates on the ball like a kid or runs where Zaba has just overlapped to.

Every time I've seen Montero play this season, he's torn his fullback to shreds for large portions of the game, often leading to the fullback getting booked. Zabba did excellently to keep him quiet without needing to resort to unfair means.

Pezzer2 said:
Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:

its the inconsistency that does me. we seem to fall foul of weak refs. we touch anyone though and our player is off.

cleavers said:
bluesoup said:
Sorry if posted but, did we find any footage for the aguero off the ball incident ?
No, and there probably isn't any as it was so far off the ball, and in any case Sky will have surgically removed any evidence by now.
haha, you a conspiracist? Saw a snip in the distance when the game was on sky last night but, really surprised it wasn't caught on camera since there are several cameras around the pitch during a game !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.