City Vs Swansea Post Match Discussion Thread

inGavious said:
sincity said:
SebastianBlue said:
I had Aguero as my captain and Silva as vice... And Joe in goal. Very, very nice haul.

Silva as captain and Joe as vice, its showing that i've got 63 points total, not bad :)

you can check yours? ... i'm just getting the site's error message.

yep, logged in now..the overall points have not been updated..just go to gameweek 1>view points.. should have updated...

Most of the first 20 minutes were gash but you'd expect Swansea to have a good go. Credit to them I thought they played some good stuff and I hope they stay up.

Once we turned it on we were impressive. I was a bit worried their keeper was going to make save after save between us hitting the post. Dzeko scoring was great to see as he played well all night. His touch looks miles better than last season!

Silva was Silva. I can't think of a time where a MOTM performance was recognized yet somehow so overshadowed. Rightly so given Kun's contribution. What else to say about Aguero? Speechless.

Other thoughts...I thought Barry played really well and Johnson had some good stuff. Clichy's service was better than advertised. Yaya continued his trend of frustrating>>>world class>>>frustrating. The rat is still a twat but he was able to see what was obvious in City's performance.

glen quagmire said:
I can't believe we fucking missed the 4th! We were just through the turnstile when i heard the cheer.

Fucking DOH! Was it as good as they said on 909?

Absolute screamer!! keeper had no chance..ill be using the replay option a lot for this goal..world class!!

inGavious said:
was thinking it was gonna be another slow start in the 2nd half, so started playing Angry Birds on my pad. we scored 4 whilst i played it during the half, so i think i'll be doing the same in all our matches now ... good omen ;)

Aguero, stonking, Silva, class as always. Richards driving the team on, great cross for Kun's first. Dzeko, held the line well, deserved his goal, still dont think his has enough speed tho.

Didn't need speed to beat to defenders in the right corner as if they were in the EDS and jog on to almost cut it back for Yaya for an easy goal. Didn't need it to hold the ball up and nearly put in Silva twice. If not for their keeper he would have two goals and two assists. I'll take one and many, many key passes.

My point is that speed is not his game. We have Kun, Yaya, and Maybe Nasri for that. He is going to become the master of blast it from 25 yards if there is space or hold it up and make the space for some one else. Not to mention the fear he strikes in the hearts of defenders on set pieces and long balls.

I think he is worth having on the field so we have someone , anyone, that can finally win the odd long ball and turn it into something. That will be worth 9-12 points this season alone.

He is a rich man's Berbatov.

Match Ratings.

Hart solid for what he had to do tonight no major concerns. 7
Richards got up and down the right side at ease thought he would be bollocks near the end a great assit for Aguero's first goal. 8
Clichy he used his speed to get him out of troble tonight looked solid. 7
Lescott passing a bit iffy put it down to first game done what was asked of him well. 6
Kompany lead the defence well like Lescott didnt have a lot to do but done it well. 7
Johnson when he got the ball he was direct didnt get as much of the ball as he would have hoped for. 7
Yaya some good runs tonight passed it well seem to tire a bit near the end got a assit tonight. 1 thing was a bit greedy at times. 7
De Jong broke up the play well and the done the simple things no need for 2 holding players today. 7
Barry as above unlucky not to score. 7
Silva unlucky not to score in the first half took his goal well in the second. 9 MOM
Dzeko worked hard held the ball up well and was in the right place at the right time to win me money on first goalscorer always a plus in ratings. 8

Aguero cant think of many better sub appearances than tonight. Second goal was a wonder goal good assit 2 goals on debut hopefully this is the begining of something special. 9

Savic and Milner not on long enough to rate.

I thought it was a great team performance tonight. Every player put in a good performance with top performances from SILVA and of course Aguero. Great to see The Yaya Toure runs again.

A bit of a slow start but once we got control of the game there was not stopping. Hopefully we can put in an equally good show against Bolton and come away with 3 more points.

I thought Micah was absolute class tonight. The improvements this guy has made have been unreal, rewind to our opener last season against Spurs. Granted it was against an impressive Gareth Bale but he is 10 x that player he was, is Micah. Gives me great pride seeing Micah excelling in this team.

Swans fan here in peace, it was always expected you to win. Fair play to you, fully expect you to win on that performance, you need to get dzeko silva aguero all on together, thought first 20-25 mins we were in the game but you stepped it up. Play like we did then and we will beat teams this year. Our keeper kept the scoreline presentable for us.

Good luck on the season ahead

Re: Match Ratings.

leighton said:
Hart solid for what he had to do tonight no major concerns. 7
Richards got up and down the right side at ease thought he would be bollocks near the end a great assit for Aguero's first goal. 8
Clichy he used his speed to get him out of troble tonight looked solid. 7
Lescott passing a bit iffy put it down to first game done what was asked of him well. 6
Kompany lead the defence well like Lescott didnt have a lot to do but done it well. 7
Johnson when he got the ball he was direct didnt get as much of the ball as he would have hoped for. 7
Yaya some good runs tonight passed it well seem to tire a bit near the end got a assit tonight. 1 thing was a bit greedy at times. 7
De Jong broke up the play well and the done the simple things no need for 2 holding players today. 7
Barry as above unlucky not to score. 7
Silva unlucky not to score in the first half took his goal well in the second. 9 MOM
Dzeko worked hard held the ball up well and was in the right place at the right time to win me money on first goalscorer always a plus in ratings. 8

Aguero cant think of many better sub appearances than tonight. Second goal was a wonder goal good assit 2 goals on debut hopefully this is the begining of something special. 9

Savic and Milner not on long enough to rate.

Leighton, i'm not sure if you were there, but i can vouch that lescott was great tonight. He doesn't merit a 6.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.