City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super David Silva 21 said:
Christian eriksen could be ruled out for up to 3 months with an ankle injury.

They have enough coverage and quality in midfield although its no doubt a big loss for them.

If we jump out of the blocks and stick in a couple of goals we should be ok despite our jittery defensive set up.

A nervous start and we may be in a bit of strife without both Silva and Kompany.

super_city_si said:
I hope Fernandinho is fit for this game. Its pits him directly against his opposition for the World Cup, Paulinho. I can see Ferny raising his game for this one especially.

Absolutely spot on, he was badly missed against Sunderland, he covers a lot of ground and moves the ball quickly so he's very good for our tempo. I don't think it's a coincidence that Sunderland away was like a lot of poor away performances last season.

Don't understand the cockiness in this thread. We are very good at home but equally spurs are a better side on the road then at home as they defend well and hit on the counter.

Whoever scores first will win the game, if we do their game plan goes out the window and if they do they'll get a lot of chances on the break.

pavelsrnicek said:
super_city_si said:
I hope Fernandinho is fit for this game. Its pits him directly against his opposition for the World Cup, Paulinho. I can see Ferny raising his game for this one especially.

Absolutely spot on, he was badly missed against Sunderland, he covers a lot of ground and moves the ball quickly so he's very good for our tempo. I don't think it's a coincidence that Sunderland away was like a lot of poor away performances last season.

Don't understand the cockiness in this thread. We are very good at home but equally spurs are a better side on the road then at home as they defend well and hit on the counter.

Whoever scores first will win the game, if we do their game plan goes out the window and if they do they'll get a lot of chances on the break.
Agree with that. There'll fancy their chances. They are a powerful team, who are best on the counter attack. Townsend and Walker are seriously quick and Danny Rose is back soon - he is very under-rated, and a possible tip to go to Brazil.

We deserve to be favourites eve without hart? Kompany and Silva, but we will need to be at our best

Marvin said:
pavelsrnicek said:
super_city_si said:

Agree with that. There'll fancy their chances. They are a powerful team, who are best on the counter attack. Townsend and Walker are seriously quick and Danny Rose is back soon - he is very under-rated, and a possible tip to go to Brazil.

We deserve to be favourites eve without hart? Kompany and Silva, but we will need to be at our best

They've looked anything like a powerful team this year. We at least have looked very good at home - often playing without Kompany and/or Silva.

I can't see why we can't play our home form away, it's not like the atmosphere at the Etihad is intimidating. I think a lot of it is in the mindset.

birchwoodgingerste said:
We score more we win simples
polls_o_rly_2722_936602_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Without Silva, Kompany and possibly Fernandinho, I predict a tough 2-2 as Tottenham generally play well against us and have been unlucky to lose at the Etihad in recent years. We definitely need to avoid defeat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.