City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
davymcfc said:
NoahCity said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
If David Silva isn't fit, we are pretty much fooked. Hope I'm wrong.

If we have the slightest of chances of signing Mata next summer then we must push the boat out and get him.
you know we beat United 4-1 with no Silva, right?
Correct. That day we had kompany and nastasic with fernandinho protecting the back four. This gave us a solid foundation and gave the attackers a license to express themselves. Nasri, yaya, negredo and sergio were all superb. Against Sunderland we had a weak back four and Garcia in midfield. This meant yaya was completely stifled and nasri had less players to link up with. It was a lot more noticeable that silva wasn't there. You cannot underestimate how important our defence is when it comes to us going forward. Without being harsh you can also not underestimate how shit Garcia is.

Nastasic and Fernandinho are apparently fit. OK, Demichelis is not Vinny, but thank someone, he is not Garcia either. We should have enough for the Spuds today.

Should have enough to win even without Dave and Vinney.

Howard ' homer' Webb will also be a help as Spurs seem to only score from pens.

Pellets needs to decide what to do in goal. I thought he would have brought Hart back for this one. He was right to take him out perhaps a couple of weeks too late and Pants has done nothing wrong but if Hart isn't being brought back he needs to decide if he's going to buy a new keeper as Pants isn't a No1 and I can't see Joe sitting on the bench for weeks and weeks.

davymcfc said:
NoahCity said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
If David Silva isn't fit, we are pretty much fooked. Hope I'm wrong.

If we have the slightest of chances of signing Mata next summer then we must push the boat out and get him.
you know we beat United 4-1 with no Silva, right?
Correct. That day we had kompany and nastasic with fernandinho protecting the back four. This gave us a solid foundation and gave the attackers a license to express themselves. Nasri, yaya, negredo and sergio were all superb. Against Sunderland we had a weak back four and Garcia in midfield. This meant yaya was completely stifled and nasri had less players to link up with. It was a lot more noticeable that silva wasn't there. You cannot underestimate how important our defence is when it comes to us going forward. Without being harsh you can also not underestimate how shit Garcia is.

This is basically what I've been saying all season. Without a solid defence, yaya is a liability. Not in ability way, but in a mental way. He doesn't know weather to attack or defend. With Garcia next to him aswell he performs even worst. Once we get back to hart, kompany, yaya, silva and Sergio all playing we will be unstoppable. Unfortunately 2 out of them 5 players are very injury prone.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've got an extremely bad feeling about this one because of silva's absence. It's going to be a draw.

Feels like a high scoring draw to me. Although Sami loves playing against Spurs so maybe he'll pull it out of the fire.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've got an extremely bad feeling about this one because of silva's absence. It's going to be a draw.

Same here, the drop in quality to whoever comes in to replace Silva whilst he's injured is huge, and thats with no disrespect to any off those players. It highlights that Silva is a World Class player and he's essential to us and when he doesn't play we miss him big time.

Unbelievable negativity on here considering our home form.
It was pretty much the same before the derby and we all seen what happened then, I'm quietly confident we will get the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.