City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gooner2 said:
cibaman said:
gooner2 said:
You have to win on sunday. your still in the hunt but fail to win and our eight points clear over you will be pretty hard to catch.

Its not really the points gap that's the issue. The problem is that, whilst our away form is so poor, the pressure to win the home games is so much greater.

Agree. at home you look unstopable but away you don,t work hard enough. You got to win your next four in row before you play us.

All of a sudden arsenal are the new invicibles , tell you something mate , we aint bothered at all about playing you lot , because you always bottle the big games , and where did you put your "arsene out" T-shirt after the villa game ? , Mind you i can understand you getting all giddy , youve won sweet F>A> for ten years , so top of the league in november is some achievement , and dont forget a champs league place ,is apparently considered a trophy according to "le voyeur".

Pam said:
CU-BLUE-Buff said:
It's funny how you English perceive sports, in the US if your team is 2 games (6 points) out of first you are happy. We are at the quarter-pole of the season and we are down 6 points, we can win the championship. Kompany will likely only miss one more game and Joe will get back to form. The gooners are playing well but we have 2 games against them, we can win at home and draw on the road. This is the first season I've really been into BPL and City (thanks to the US NBC TV contract!) and many of you may well know that 6 points at this point is insurmountable, but I'm optimistic. Our road woes will straighten up and we will win the title. Plus we are through the champions league group stage, so be happy, we are CITY, the greatest team in all the land and the title is ours to lose!

People have totally forgotten that we made up eight points on the scum in the final six games of the title winning season. Six points in November is nothing to that. But we cannot afford to let things slip further.

For me at this stage it's more about average points per game than placings or who we are behind. The fact is after 10+ games we are not quite averaging 2 points per game which is a minimum for a a title challenge. Of course win the next couple and it starts to look better. I can't see us losing at home tomorrow, but a (score) draw would not surprise me.

Feeling a bit nervous about this, only because of how different our position will be after a win or loss. Far too early for these high pressure games, hopefully not another nerve-shredding season. :P

LoveCity said:
Feeling a bit nervous about this, only because of how different our position will be after a win or loss. Far too early for these high pressure games, hopefully not another nerve-shredding season. :P

This. I don't know whether the result will affect our season too much, or not, I just don't know. But for sure I know that it can fuck up all my weekend if we do not win. :) If we win, on the other hand...

Pam said:
CU-BLUE-Buff said:
It's funny how you English perceive sports, in the US if your team is 2 games (6 points) out of first you are happy. We are at the quarter-pole of the season and we are down 6 points, we can win the championship. Kompany will likely only miss one more game and Joe will get back to form. The gooners are playing well but we have 2 games against them, we can win at home and draw on the road. This is the first season I've really been into BPL and City (thanks to the US NBC TV contract!) and many of you may well know that 6 points at this point is insurmountable, but I'm optimistic. Our road woes will straighten up and we will win the title. Plus we are through the champions league group stage, so be happy, we are CITY, the greatest team in all the land and the title is ours to lose!

People have totally forgotten that we made up eight points on the scum in the final six games of the title winning season. Six points in November is nothing to that. But we cannot afford to let things slip further.

We were in second place and chasing one team. Now we're in 9th chasing 5.

LoveCity said:
This game is definitely going to test the nerve ends. There is a lot at stake for both teams and we need to be 100% on our game, especially without Merlin. When you look at the table it will make a big difference psychologically depending on whether we win, lose or draw.

We need to get our season back on track, and it starts with this game.

gmckennasell said:
gooner2 said:
cibaman said:
Its not really the points gap that's the issue. The problem is that, whilst our away form is so poor, the pressure to win the home games is so much greater.

Agree. at home you look unstopable but away you don,t work hard enough. You got to win your next four in row before you play us.

All of a sudden arsenal are the new invicibles , tell you something mate , we aint bothered at all about playing you lot , because you always bottle the big games , and where did you put your "arsene out" T-shirt after the villa game ? , Mind you i can understand you getting all giddy , youve won sweet F>A> for ten years , so top of the league in november is some achievement , and dont forget a champs league place ,is apparently considered a trophy according to "le voyeur".

Well gooner, what's your come back to this post? Couldn't of put it better myself.

Manchester_lalala said:
gmckennasell said:
gooner2 said:

Well gooner, what's your come back to this post? Couldn't of put it better myself.

Great post I agree - spot on with everything - but yes they still bottle the big games and if they think they can't be caught then they best have a chat with the scum and ask about our title winning season

If we pressure them and get an early goal, we can win comfortably, say 2 or 3-0. As said before though, not only do we need to turn up and attack, but we really need to have our defensive wits about us. I'm going to go for Yaya and Aguero to score and a well fought 2-0. C'mon City!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.