City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby doubts?

strongbowholic said:
Hyperbole, nerves, nausea; doubts, contemplating the unthinkable, trying to convince yourself it is simply just a game of football, that shiver down the spine you get unexpectedly; the press in overdrive, procession upon procession of arrogant, opinionated morons spouting triteness and hackneyed cliches of 'masive investment', 'the right way', 'class' whilst missing the irony that these quotes are usually from people 'that lot' spent huge amounts of money to bring into their team and subsequently sullied their reputations through various misdealings, misdemeanours and sexual deviancy.

It is the bigges fixture in the calendar in my opinion. It is the most important one for years (obviously). It should be pure theatre, entertainment of epic proportions where subtle nuance is interwoven with blood, guts and thunder. It should be everything a football fan dreams of.

But...

...to paraphrase the fanzone bloke, I hate it, hate it, hate it.
What a great post

Derby doubts?

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
The rags will park the bus so we'll need to be patient and not get on the team's back. I'll take 1-0 although that'll make it an unbearable evening.
I've just had a premonition about going into the last few minutes a goal up with them pressing. An equalizer would be as good as a winner for them.

Oh god. Spare me.

Re: Derby doubts?

I'm worried we'll stand off them too much and wont press them high like Everton did. I can see them dominating possession and us sitting in our shape and then trying to counter attack through Yaya.

CTID1 said:
Is it just me, or is the more i hear "we're going to trounce them" or "lets put another 6 past the" the more I am having second thoughts of this being an easy tie. I feel we're getting too complacent & really hope the team don't feel the same way. Should we realistically give a second thought to the prospect of united making it hard & unbearable to watch for 90 mins?

until tevez scores on the 95th minute :P

Never understood why anyone thinks this is an in the bag 3 pointer. It will be anything but a straightforward victory. Especially if Rooney gets to ref again.

Team For The Derby

...................Hart........................

Richards..Kompany...Lescott...Clichy

............De Jong.......Barry............

......Yaya.........................Nasri.

...................Tevez...................

..................Aguero....................

subs

pantilimon
zabaleta
dzeko
milner
silva
balotelli
kolo

Team For The Derby

Wellsblue21 said:

subs

pantilimon
zabaleta
dzeko
milner
silva
balotelli
kolo
It would be a shooting offence to start without silva. I agree with your back seven bit for me it's:

......silva........yaya........tevez

.....................aguero

Those four will swap around to confuse of course

i'm nervy because the last derby we lost, and all it takes is on bad decision, i'd hate to think people are looking beyond the derby to the toon, because if the team do just that then we wont have a positive result.

manchester derbies - it's a thin line between love and hate

Re: Team For The Derby

Didsbury Dave said:
Wellsblue21 said:

subs

pantilimon
zabaleta
dzeko
milner
silva
balotelli
kolo
It would be a shooting offence to start without silva. I agree with your back seven bit for me it's:

......silva........yaya........tevez

.....................aguero

Those four will swap around to confuse of course

i'd normally agree wholeheartedly but i feel nasri is in better form.

id also have tevez or yaya buzzing around scholes the whole match, making the use carrick more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.