City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

Have we really improved our squad from last season,i don't think so,and given our injuries we are significantly weaker at present

So,Garcia,Sinclair,Maicon and Nastasic or Dembele,Cazorla,Vertonghen and Moses.........

Just got back home to West Yorkshire...fucking miserable performance all over the park including the weather, ref and linespersons...Villa worthy winners...positives...I'll save a few quid on this bit of the cup scheme and I hope the performances tonight will merit an almighty kick up the arse for the whole squad.

FantasyIreland said:
Have we really improved our squad from last season,i don't think so,and given our injuries we are significantly weaker at present

So,Garcia,Sinclair,Maicon and Nastasic or Dembele,Cazorla,Vertonghen and Moses.........

We without doubt look weaker than last season. I like the look of Nastasic though,think he"ll be quality.

FantasyIreland said:
bluedan said:
I think now is the time to revert to the old 4-4-1-1 (2010/11) formation with Yaya behind one striker. We need to steady the ship and get the lads confidence back with some solid performances.

Do we have the personnel to play 4411?

I only see one winger in the squad,and he's a plan B........

The 4 in midfield could be in a diamond shape or an interchangeable 4-2-3-1. Mancini likes to play Milner on the wings with Silva on the opposite side coming inside. Barry and Garcia to fill the middle. Yaya to play off a striker. Perhaps an option for away games? (see city away at fulham in 2010) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2010/November/Fulham-v-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-report ... ham-v-City</a>

Completely not arsed about the Capital One Cup, but i have this nagging doubt/theory about the manager's position at City.

Mancini has throughout pre-season and now been less than positive and occasionally critical of the club's transfer policy and individuals 'higher up' in the hierarchy. He wanted Hazard and RVP i suspect, got none. Indeed the club's dealings are low key and restrained, surprisingly.

The club is constantly linked with Mourinho, and only this week he confirms his next destination is England soon as a blue - which he clarifies as a 'London' blue.

The special one offers his opinion that City will win the ECL, whether with Mancini or 'somebody else to follow'.

Don't recall the name of Garcia ever being mentioned in 'scouting' circles in the club or by Mancini. A Spanish international playing in the Portuguese league.

Soriano is installed as CEO. Could this be the pre-cursor to team managerial change?

He plays his internal 'nemesis' Tevez for two hours in poor conditions in a meaningless competition. A player allowed to return, a player he one declared would never play for him again. Very baffling indeed.

My conclusion is that Mancini's days may indeed be numbered, amazingly, and it would not surprise me one bit if a deal for Mourinho has already been agreed. The lack of desire evidenced in many of the team performances this season could be explained by this. Maybe the players are aware?

If the performances continue in the same vein, then Mancini may force the owners to sever ties early? Does he want this?

Something doesn't add up in the performances. The team is spiritless and dysfunctional. There is something amiss. This may be it?

EVIL said:
Completely not arsed about the Capital One Cup, but i have this nagging doubt/theory about the manager's position at City.

Mancini has throughout pre-season and now been less than positive and occasionally critical of the club's transfer policy and individuals 'higher up' in the hierarchy. He wanted Hazard and RVP i suspect, got none. Indeed the club's dealings are low key and restrained, surprisingly.

The club is constantly linked with Mourinho, and only this week he confirms his next destination is England soon as a blue - which he clarifies as a 'London' blue.

The special one offers his opinion that City will win the ECL, whether with Mancini or 'somebody else to follow'.

Don't recall the name of Garcia ever being mentioned in 'scouting' circles in the club or by Mancini. A Spanish international playing in the Portuguese league.

Soriano is installed as CEO. Could this be the pre-cursor to team managerial change?

He plays his internal 'nemesis' Tevez for two hours in poor conditions in a meaningless competition. A player allowed to return, a player he one declared would never play for him again. Very baffling indeed.

My conclusion is that Mancini's days may indeed be numbered, amazingly, and it would not surprise me one bit if a deal for Mourinho has already been agreed. The lack of desire evidenced in many of the team performances this season could be explained by this. Maybe the players are aware?

If the performances continue in the same vein, then Mancini may force the owners to sever ties early? Does he want this?

Something doesn't add up in the performances. The team is spiritless and dysfunctional. There is something amiss. This may be it?
On the other hand.... there is this five year deal..... that he signed a month ago........

EVIL said:

Dear,oh dear,oh dear !!

EVIL said:

I had to read that twice to see if you really said/believe that. Crazy thought

EVIL said:

I definately saw Mourinho on the grassy knoll in Beswick earlier so you may have a point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.