City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

omcfc said:
Not arsed about the League Cup to be honest, but what this represented was an opportunity to get back to winning ways and that would have been very useful for team morale. Instead the opposite has happened.

That's the way i see things too ....

it's never good to lose , in any game , in any competition .... when people around the world take stock of this result they won't see the players missing , they'll only a see a club unrecognisable to the one they saw on their tv screens last season.

Pantillmon, razak, kolo and Milner are just not good enough. Milner can run all day but his quality is not there. I'm sick of this shit season and I want it to end.

Just got in from the game....Disgraceful performance and display........

Pantillimon - Was total pants, could not hold anything and his kicking resembled a schoolboy, not once did he find a city player with a good ball.

Kolo - Far too slow, sorry but he should never play for us again

Lescott - did not understand the formation, this may not be his fault

Nastasic - Did OK but needs more experience and in a 3 will be too exposed

Milner - Good work rate but not much quality

Razak - Did OK, gave ball away too easy that cost us their 2nd goal

Barry - Has done well in the past but not tonight.....slow.....one footed and couldn't win a tackle

Kolarov - take away free kicks and I really don't get him, nowhere near enough quality

Suarez - Not seem much of him, off night tonight I hope, but should have taken his chance......several players are before him

Balotelli - sick of his childish behaviour.......once again made everyone wait whilst he was late for the second half....petulence and boring...time to say goodbye

Tevez - worked hard with little reward, no help from his mate above, more link up when Dzeko came on.

Sinclair - OK in spells but not sure he is as good as Johnson

Dzeko - livened things up, probably should have started

Mancini - Couldn't get his players to understand the formation, put more effort into arguing with Lambert - an I couldn't believe he left razak on for nearly 20 mins when he could hardly walk

All that said, it was the fourth choice competition, maybe the easiest to win, but whilst it would have been nice, I think we should be eyeing bigger prizes............nowever to win any of them we need to wake up and start working harder and focussing on our performance.

Good night!

Not bothered about what outsiders think, but it's a bad defeat and I'm not taking any positives from it.

It's particularly bad news for some of the fringe players. I am sure we bought some of the players in the Summer window so that we could be compete in all competitions and now some of them are going to find it difficult to get a game

I think this is the performance you get when you play a team of young players (suarez, razak), clearly disgruntled players (milner, kolo), second choice players (panti), unfit players (barry) and throw a couple of high calibre internationals into the mix (tevez, balo).

yes it's only the league cup but there shouldn't be any excuses. We still put a very decent team out and they were woeful! My only hope is that Mancini now delivers a boot up the arse to the playing group with his fine italian calf leather winklepickers and we start playing the way we are capable of doing!

He changed the spine of the team and rightly so for this competition but the replacements were truly awful. Pants was pants, kolo looks well out of shape and out of touch and razak has the engine but his touch and passing were miles away from good enough. Suarez has promised much but was not at the races and add to that Lescott and Barry not at their best and Balotelli at his lazy worst and the result was no surprise really.

Positives? Tevez ran his knackers off for 120minutes and looks fitter than he has ever done and young Helan completed more accurate passes from right back in his 15 minutes than may others did all game.

And what the hell was up with the singing section tonight? the worst villa turn out for years and they made more noise.

Poor night all round. Move on- 3 points at Fulham and we are all happy again.

we are supposed to be league retainers yet we can't even get the league cup . i have mates who support other teams and to be honest i'm embarrassed i have to explain to these guys tomorrow some sort of excuse . but this is getting to persistent now what sort of team thinks it's okay to play shite .

Don't think you can really blame Mancini on his own for this, other than this 3 / 5 at the back doesn't work when the fullbacks are dreadful.

Villa have been dreadfull all season yet a team which at one point had 6 regular players in Lescott, Kolorov, Barry, Milner, Tevez and Balo. A strike force worth 40-50 mill that looked rubish. If that is Balo trying to show Mancini that he should be starting then he won't play much this season.

Thought Razak did Ok , yes he made a few errors but he was energetic and put in tackles looked confident in his own ability ( sometimes his downfall ).

I know he's only young but i was looking forward to seeing saurez play and he had a shocker.

But the main problem was conceding stupid goals again - Kolo is finished at this level

Ireland_for_pm said:
Pantillmon, razak, kolo and Milner are just not good enough. Milner can run all day but his quality is not there. I'm sick of this shit season and I want it to end.

You can't possibly call razak not good enough after one full game in a city shirt. I thought he was alright tonight just not sharp enough but that comes with playing time and experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.