City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

mancmackem said:
EVIL said:
Completely not arsed about the Capital One Cup, but i have this nagging doubt/theory about the manager's position at City.

Mancini has throughout pre-season and now been less than positive and occasionally critical of the club's transfer policy and individuals 'higher up' in the hierarchy. He wanted Hazard and RVP i suspect, got none. Indeed the club's dealings are low key and restrained, surprisingly.

The club is constantly linked with Mourinho, and only this week he confirms his next destination is England soon as a blue - which he clarifies as a 'London' blue.

The special one offers his opinion that City will win the ECL, whether with Mancini or 'somebody else to follow'.

Don't recall the name of Garcia ever being mentioned in 'scouting' circles in the club or by Mancini. A Spanish international playing in the Portuguese league.

Soriano is installed as CEO. Could this be the pre-cursor to team managerial change?

He plays his internal 'nemesis' Tevez for two hours in poor conditions in a meaningless competition. A player allowed to return, a player he one declared would never play for him again. Very baffling indeed.

My conclusion is that Mancini's days may indeed be numbered, amazingly, and it would not surprise me one bit if a deal for Mourinho has already been agreed. The lack of desire evidenced in many of the team performances this season could be explained by this. Maybe the players are aware?

If the performances continue in the same vein, then Mancini may force the owners to sever ties early? Does he want this?

Something doesn't add up in the performances. The team is spiritless and dysfunctional. There is something amiss. This may be it?

You bring shame on my home town!

in fairness its quite difficult to separate the rag invaders from the just plain fucking stupid on here tonight

JoeMercer'sWay said:
chaddblue said:
If Mancini's days are numbered why did the club give him a new contract?

this, but what I don't get is why he wasn't backed in the transfer market, makes no sense.
He was with the amount we could afford.

paulchapo said:
We have been saying all season if we carry on like this we will get a tonking and tonight the rains literally came down.

Whatever is going on with the coaching and tinkering with the system needs to stop...NOW!

As others have rightly said although not our first team this was still a team worth 100 million at least with so called experianced internationals right through it and we got beaten.....at home...by Villa who have been crap all season and who we never have a bad result against,until tonight.

No wonder fans never turn up in numbers for games like this.They are usually crap,transport after 6pm in a supposed major City in England is rubbish and you get home at stupid o'clock after freezing your nuts off and risking being mugged or attacked by the loons or drunks while you wait.

It may only be the capital one cup or whatever they call it now but it is still a trophy and we aren't succesful enough yet to turn our noses up at ANY trophy!

What's left?.....The champions league....does anyone think we will seriously win that??Getting out of the group looks unlikely never mind winning it!

The league? Lose or draw at Fulham and a rag and Chelsea win and we will be 7 and 6 points behind both,or thereabouts.Already a big gap and playing catch up with a team that looks lost and short of confidence.

That leaves the FA cup,a possible win but cup football is a lottery,with the draw,luck and refs who knows?

In my opinion our squad is weaker than last year while the rest have strengthened.First things first is Mancini has to get back to what was succesful last year tactically and hope our key players,ie Kompany and Silva rediscover their form or else it really could be all over by November,flapping or not!
Good post. I'm still in shock.

paulchapo said:
We have been saying all season if we carry on like this we will get a tonking and tonight the rains literally came down.

Whatever is going on with the coaching and tinkering with the system needs to stop...NOW!

As others have rightly said although not our first team this was still a team worth 100 million at least with so called experianced internationals right through it and we got beaten.....at home...by Villa who have been crap all season and who we never have a bad result against,until tonight.

No wonder fans never turn up in numbers for games like this.They are usually crap,transport after 6pm in a supposed major City in England is rubbish and you get home at stupid o'clock after freezing your nuts off and risking being mugged or attacked by the loons or drunks while you wait.

It may only be the capital one cup or whatever they call it now but it is still a trophy and we aren't succesful enough yet to turn our noses up at ANY trophy!

What's left?.....The champions league....does anyone think we will seriously win that??Getting out of the group looks unlikely never mind winning it!

The league? Lose or draw at Fulham and a rag and Chelsea win and we will be 7 and 6 points behind both,or thereabouts.Already a big gap and playing catch up with a team that looks lost and short of confidence.

That leaves the FA cup,a possible win but cup football is a lottery,with the draw,luck and refs who knows?

In my opinion our squad is weaker than last year while the rest have strengthened.First things first is Mancini has to get back to what was succesful last year tactically and hope our key players,ie Kompany and Silva rediscover their form or else it really could be all over by November,flapping or not!

Absolutely this personally i think Mancini has lost it

Zardon132 said:
paulchapo said:

It is a good post ..... and i completely agree with it !

Zardon132 said:
paulchapo said:

How can our squad be weaker when we sold two fringe players.

Vidic and Evra were very poor when they first signed but went on to become lynch-pins of Utd's team, and our own David Silva struggled for weeks to adapt etc etc. Please don't tell me that you have already written off Nasty, Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair

Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
chaddblue said:
If Mancini's days are numbered why did the club give him a new contract?

this, but what I don't get is why he wasn't backed in the transfer market, makes no sense.
He was with the amount we could afford.

we can afford a lot more than what we paid imo.

Early days yet, if we beat Fulham then things will be back on track... if we lose then I don't know, the rag media will pile the pressure on Mancini. We have, on paper, a fairly forgiving set of league fixtures coming up until Chelsea in late November but it depends how we are playing. If we play well we can win most of them, if we play like recently I forsee many draws. 3-5-2, 4-4-2... why not just go back to what worked especially at home where we were 1 result away from being 100% flawless? It's baffling, reminiscent of "Tinkerman" Ranieri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.