City Vs Watford pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm not expecting anything special at all today. With spurs coming up and silva out any old win will do. The shadow team has looked pedestrian on occasions (Newcastle, Blackburn). The flip side is that Watford may well be defeated before they get on the pitch, certainly if we score.does anyone know if they will go full strength? I'm assuming they will.

The really great news is that it's a cloud with a huge silver lining if the worst happens and we do lose.

I can see a dull 2-0.
I think they have a couple of suspensions. Fitz Hall a defender who was long linked to City, and another player I don't know about. I don't know anything about them.

But we have to be wary about teams raising their game. I thought Coventry, a division lower than Watford, were outstanding at Arsenal last night. Played some great football, but just couldn't put it in the net.

Yeah, I can see that kind of game too without our creativity. If it's navas and Milner we might just keep going wide and not breaking them down properly. He might even give lopes a go at opening doors. It's really hard to call the team because the priority has to be spurs, but he's clearly a manager who wants to win every game and is prepared to take risks in the pursuit of that.

BlueBearBoots said:
Just hoping the rain holds off til I get inside the stadium :(

Looking a bit cloudy and dark now..

Setting off at 12,, gunna try the metrolink today

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm not expecting anything special at all today. With spurs coming up and silva out any old win will do. The shadow team has looked pedestrian on occasions (Newcastle, Blackburn). The flip side is that Watford may well be defeated before they get on the pitch, certainly if we score.does anyone know if they will go full strength? I'm assuming they will.

The really great news is that it's a cloud with a huge silver lining if the worst happens and we do lose.

I can see a dull 2-0.
I think they have a couple of suspensions. Fitz Hall a defender who was long linked to City, and another player I don't know about. I don't know anything about them.

But we have to be wary about teams raising their game. I thought Coventry, a division lower than Watford, were outstanding at Arsenal last night. Played some great football, but just couldn't put it in the net.

Yeah, I can see that kind of game too without our creativity. If it's navas and Milner we might just keep going wide and not breaking them down properly. He might even give lopes a go at opening doors. It's really hard to call the team because the priority has to be spurs, but he's clearly a manager who wants to win every game and is prepared to take risks in the pursuit of that.

I hope he starts Lopes. I would think the team will see a few changes from WHU on Tuesday, with Dzeko and Milner starting. Not sure if Jovetic and Rodders are ready to start. Could see Yaya and Fern sharing a half each; depending on Yaya's back. Assume Vinnie will be kept in cotton wool.

I too doubt it will be a scintillating performance so not quite as hacked off as I would be that I can't travel up for the game: got a social engagement that the wife insists on going to tonight.

Just hope we get job done without too much fuss or any injuries.

I think we'll put out a similar team to the one that played Wigan in the Capital One cup. Aguero and Jovetic will probably share 90 mins. Hopefully Rodwell will feature for 30-45 mins. I think it will be a similar game and score.

I wonder whether we might play with Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic, maybe using Jovetic in behind the front 2 or on the left

Marvin said:
I'm taking my Dad today. Looking forward to it. Got good seats at the front of 3rd tier, and it will be great taking our seats at 2.45pm.

This is a fantastic time to be a Manchester City fan.

I think this game maybe a lot tougher than expected as we have lost the midfield creativity of Nasri and Silva. We were very flat In the 1st half against Blackburn without them, and relied on the power of Negredo up front. Now we've lost that too. It means the majority of the flair players like Navas, Toure and Aguero have to start. Last thing we want is a replay.
Considering they have a weakened side out , we should be able to give them a good smacking without any of those three players involved (well maybe include Navas). Off to the Etihad in about an hour, heavy wind and rain predicted by three!

If I see Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Fernandinho, Aguero or Negredo. I'm going to be pissed off.

We have two HUGE games coming up and need as many first teamers fit as possible.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:

I hope he starts Lopes. I would think the team will see a few changes from WHU on Tuesday, with Dzeko and Milner starting. Not sure if Jovetic and Rodders are ready to start. Could see Yaya and Fern sharing a half each; depending on Yaya's back. Assume Vinnie will be kept in cotton wool.

I too doubt it will be a scintillating performance so not quite as hacked off as I would be that I can't travel up for the game: got a social engagement that the wife insists on going to tonight.

Just hope we get job done without too much fuss or any injuries.

Don't mention injuries, ob1. Makes me go cold...

I've just noticed spurs aren't playing, which is potentially relevant to the team selection. Did they get knocked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.