Not open for further replies.
kawkav said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Pantillimon

Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy

Garcia, Toure

Milner, Lopes, Silva

Dzeko

That is what i would play. It is a difficult balancing act. Personally i would rather Kompany, Toure and Silva were rested but they didn't play against West Ham and i think they will need some game time before Tottenham. Alos, i think it is unlikely that Lopes will start again but i hope he does. Dzeko can lead the line well and Negredo and Aguero need the rest.

we almost never played this formation (4-2-3-1) at home, under pelle
I know, but with Negredo's shoulder/ Kun and Jovetic only just returning i don't see the alternative. There have been times where he has shifted Nasri behind a solo striker late on in some games. And the way i imagined it would be 4411 with Milner right wing and Lopes left wing, not 4231.

alex7396 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Ducado said:
From what I can see Watford are not having a good season, but I know very little about them

They're dogshite. Don't know what's happened to them this season. Lost at home to fucking Yeovil the other month.
Cost me a fortune. They still have Troy Deeney up front and gets the odd goal. But the have definitely gone backwards
and have parted ways with Zola.

Maybe a Watford fan could come on and give us a more balanced view ;-)

As a watford fan I can confirm that we are dogshite. Don't know what has gone wrong this season but last season we were in form and still got battered so this year we could be looking at a cricket score. But I've got a colleague who is an unbearable city fan so hopefully there could be an upset.

But seriously it's going to be embarrasing game for one of us.

We were completely hopeless in the last few months of Zola's reign and tactically all over the place. The new man has come in and definitely seems to have shored us up defensively - although this is no comfort for Saturday as City have been carving up far better defences than ours! Still have problems scoring though, Deeney is well out of form and doesn't look confident at all in front of goal so unlikely we're going to grab a goal.

Having said that, we've stil got some nice footballers who can definitely play. A major problem is lack of physicality in the middle of the park which really gets exposed in the Championship - we have too many players who are far too easily out muscled. That said, many of us think we're not that far away from "clicking" again - it will happen, but maybe not this weekend!

Aguero will start up top with Dzeko, Negredo will be saved, and Jovetic will come on for 30 mins for Aguero.

Ya Ya will start but come off on the hour also. Milner back in. Full strength defence will play.

More of Lopes please. Much more. Some more of Jovetic, with Dzeko back. Negredo has taken some real knocks this season, he's tough as nails, but give him a chance to recover. Sergio out too - keep him for the business stuff against Spurs. Ferny out too - same reasoning as for Beast. Jimmy in. That'll do it. Back line whoever you like, but I still think that Boyata is struggling at this level, and Garcia has on-off games. Maybe Yaya back in, just to drive the Rolls with one firm hand on the wheel while we admire the scenery.

This is a perfect time to get some rotation in and get some of our squad players some game time. Aguero's fitness I think is going to be pivotal on the next run of 5 games up to the Barcelona game and if Negredo is going to be out for any length of time I don't see any point in risking Aguero for anything over 60 minutes in this game unless we are struggling to score. I would start with Dzeko on his own and see how it goes because if we lose Aguero for any reason with Spurs away and Chelsea at home coming just after this then we will be in big trouble. Even Yaya I don't think needs to necessarily play because after the Christmas fixtures he could do with a rest to gear up for the next 2 massive games in the league.

If things aren't happening we can always bring on the cavalry for the last half an hour.

Pantillimon

Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov

Rodwell, Garcia

Milner, Lopes, Jovetic

Dzeko

@BluePhil8 said:
kawkav said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Pantillimon

Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy

Garcia, Toure

Milner, Lopes, Silva

Dzeko

That is what i would play. It is a difficult balancing act. Personally i would rather Kompany, Toure and Silva were rested but they didn't play against West Ham and i think they will need some game time before Tottenham. Alos, i think it is unlikely that Lopes will start again but i hope he does. Dzeko can lead the line well and Negredo and Aguero need the rest.

we almost never played this formation (4-2-3-1) at home, under pelle
I know, but with Negredo's shoulder/ Kun and Jovetic only just returning i don't see the alternative. There have been times where he has shifted Nasri behind a solo striker late on in some games. And the way i imagined it would be 4411 with Milner right wing and Lopes left wing, not 4231.
It might be the above players in a 4-4-2 with silva or lopes partnering dzeko

my 2p

pants
richards lescott nasty clichy
milner rodwell garcia lopez
dzeko jovetic

that team should beat watford leaving

hart
zabs vinnie demichellis kolarov
navas fernandino yaya silva
aguero negredo/dzeko

fighting fit for the spuds game.

No need to risk anyone IMO

Can't see why he would change formation, so I reckon he'll start with Aguero and Dzeko up top. Jovetic from the bench for maybe the whole of the second half depending on how we are going, Yaya to be rested.
So

Hart
Richards, Kompany, DeMichaelis, Clichy
Navas, Garcia, Milner, Lopes
Aguero, Dzeko

Subs. Hart, Lescott, Zabba, Jovetic, Rodders, Kolarov and Ferna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.