City Vs Wigan Official Post Match Discussion Thread

Grafite and Edin Dzeko became the deadliest duo of any Bundesliga season, racking up an incredible 54 goals between them in 34 games (Džeko scored 26) - an average of 1.59 goals per game from the forward line. That beats the old record of 1971-72 in which those two immortals, Gerd Muller and Uli Hoeness, hit 53 between them for Bayern Munich, Muller hitting 40 of those.

So, Džeko - Aguero for now 6 - 6 in 4 games ..... Should we expect a new record, this time for premier league ?!

Top display, thought the only two who were under par today were tevez and johnno but could be lack of match fitness and just gettting there sharpness back. Otherwise though great game and good time to be blue!!

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Absolute cruise control somebody is going to get a 10-0 hammering this season Mark my words.

AJ was average, but it doesn't matter when you have the quality we have.

Clichy had a good game and fair play to Lescott who never gets any plaudits.

Clichy had a world class fullback match. The amount of balls he put into the box and his pace and passing opened things up just as much as Richards enterprise on the other side.

Now we'll see Kolarov on Wednesday hammer balls on goal or low into the box.

Well done the boys. A good solid 3 points from a game where we ought to have had more. Only outfield problem for me was Johnson who didn't really turn up. Still think that he's best as a super-sub. Only other issue was Joe Harts distribution but that's nowt new - great stopper but pretty crap at distributing the ball out and up-field - wtf is the goalkeeping coach doing . . surely that can be fixed?
IMO we cruised it today at our fantastic worst and there's much better to come from us as we get into the season and into our stride. . . I can't wait for our fantastic best!

good win, easing our way back from the international break that killed some momentum.

Wigan did what they do and apart from some scary lapses in concentration at the back(lol) we were good, wasn't a Spurs high but we can't do that every week, still could have won 9-0 though lol! Silva's ability even with a slight miscontrol to leave 3 men gawping is amazing, and Tevez put a shift in even though his penalty was crap. Serg fluttered in and out but when he was involved he was exceptional and his finishes were so precise. Nasri looked sharp and Milner had an excellent game in the middle of the park. Micah put himself about and Clichy looked good going forward, even Joleon and Vinnie joined in on bursts up the pitch which were amusing.

Happy and looking forward to wednesday!

Great performance, Aguero and Silva are magic. I think most of the team played very well although Johnson didn't look great from where I sat and was getting a hard time from some of the moaners. Hurry up with the HD upload shady! ;)

Solid performance all round and once again David Silva was outstanding...Aguero's touch was sublime...Carlos looks like he needs more game time and AJ needs to concentrate more....feel a tad dissapointed we didn't boost our goal difference a bit more...like the Bolton game we could have had 7...Goal Difference may prove to be very important this season....splitting hairs though...12 points and a +12 GD ain't a bad start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.