City warn fans not to wear colours in Napoli

frasermcfc said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Don't want to offend anyone and I applaud this travelling to support our lads but there's a lot of naive lads on here if they think this is being blown out of proportion.
get fucked, we're going to support the lads in the most important game the club has ever played. we can't be intimidated.

most important game we have ever played? behave.

and what you mean "we can't be intimidated"???

we're fucking humans and knives scare the shit out of me.

anyway i really wish all the blues travelling to this game all the best, i hope the napoli fans remember the clapping between them and us after the home game's final whistle.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:17 am --<br /><br />
bored at work said:
Fuckin man up

Good job it's not 1943 again...

you absolute tit.

ban-mcfc said:
frasermcfc said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Don't want to offend anyone and I applaud this travelling to support our lads but there's a lot of naive lads on here if they think this is being blown out of proportion.
get fucked, we're going to support the lads in the most important game the club has ever played. we can't be intimidated.

most important game we have ever played? behave.

and what you mean "we can't be intimidated"???
we're fucking humans and knives scare the shit out of me.
anyway i really wish all the blues travelling to this game all the best, i hope the napoli fans remember the clapping between them and us after the home game's final whistle.
-- Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:17 am --
bored at work said:
Fuckin man up
Good job it's not 1943 again...
you absolute tit.

Who the fuck are you??<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:28 am --<br /><br />See you in Naples dickhead

Daveth said:
Don't wear Blues scarf in Naples: Manchester City in safety warning to fans heading for Champions League tie

Mike Keegan

November 17, 2011
Share Article | Submit Comments | Comments (60) | Printable Version Previous | Next

Manchester City bosses have taken the dramatic step of writing to all fans travelling to Italy for next week’s European Champions League match in Italy to urge them to take safety measures.

The Blues take on Napoli in Naples – where visiting supporters have previously been subjected to vicious knife attacks.

In a letter to the 800 fans who bought tickets for the match, club officials have urged them:

Not to wear club shirts or scarves
To avoid no-go areas – including the train station and the city centre
To congregate around the safer port area
And to use special shuttle buses being laid on from 5pm to take them to the stadium for Tuesday’s match

It is the first time City have issued such advice. The move comes after four Bayern Munich supporters were slashed with knives outside the Stadio San Paolo stadium before a Champions League match last month.

There were numerous reports of knife-weilding thugs on mopeds carrying out vicious assaults and two more German fans were stabbed in the city centre.

Last year three Liverpool fans were knifed - with two hospitalised - when they visited Naples to take on Napoli in the Europa League.

Worried Manchester City officials drew up the advice after meeting officials from police at home and in Italy.

The M.E.N. understands the club has also taken advice from the British consulate in Naples as well as Bayern, Liverpool and Manchester United - who sent out similar written guidelines before the Reds travelled to Rome in 2007.

City's letter – signed by operations manager Steve Sayer – says fans should 'take care and use common sense' and 'travel in groups where possible'.

It includes consulate advice to stay away from the 'no-go' areas and adds: “We would also advise you to not wear club colours away from the game, particularly when taking public transport.”

Tensions around the televised encounter are set to be high as defeat could see the Italians knocked out of the tournament.

No alcohol will be served inside the ground and Blues supporters will be locked in after the final whistle for 45 minutes.

Buses will again be waiting again to take them back to the port.

Photographic ID will be needed to gain entry along with a valid ticket.

If this kind of thing went on in England, their would be bans enforced on English clubs. Why are they allowed to keep getting away with this

I'll be going on my own so I'm really hoping that the City fans are easily spotted so that I can "stalk" a decent sized group. But I'll be leaving my own colours at home!

cibaman said:
I'll be going on my own so I'm really hoping that the City fans are easily spotted so that I can "stalk" a decent sized group. But I'll be leaving my own colours at home!
As per usual we will be easy to spot as we will all be staggering around!!

Off out there in two weeks' time, looking forward to it. Any City who went out have recommendations?
I'm not worried safety-wise as I speak decent Italian and have been before, just behave as you would in any other foreign gaff with a bit of edge to it and don't make yourself a target.

Did you all get buses to the ground? Having seen they did in the Marseille buses and having heard stories of Chelsea buses getting attacked, seems to me like we'll be sitting ducks in them, best to make your own way or not?

Apologies for the bump but I can't start new threads.

southlondonarsenal said:
Off out there in two weeks' time, looking forward to it. Any City who went out have recommendations?
I'm not worried safety-wise as I speak decent Italian and have been before, just behave as you would in any other foreign gaff with a bit of edge to it and don't make yourself a target.

Did you all get buses to the ground? Having seen they did in the Marseille buses and having heard stories of Chelsea buses getting attacked, seems to me like we'll be sitting ducks in them, best to make your own way or not?

I was out there for our game but we stayed in Sorrento. We got a bus from there direct to the ground. I believe fans staying in Naples had to meet at the port and were then bussed in to the ground. I wouldn't recommend making your own way there from what I saw, and in fact I don't believe you will be able to access the away end that way as the police had the road we parked on in lockdown.

southlondonarsenal said:

You got a place to stay yet gooner? How long you going for?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.