City warn fans not to wear colours in Napoli

southlondonarsenal said:
Off out there in two weeks' time, looking forward to it. Any City who went out have recommendations?
I'm not worried safety-wise as I speak decent Italian and have been before, just behave as you would in any other foreign gaff with a bit of edge to it and don't make yourself a target.

Did you all get buses to the ground? Having seen they did in the Marseille buses and having heard stories of Chelsea buses getting attacked, seems to me like we'll be sitting ducks in them, best to make your own way or not?

Apologies for the bump but I can't start new threads.

Not bothering with the match then? ;-)

Yes we had to catch buses from the main Port area where the big cruise ships dock, it was a scenic trip as the convoy of buses headed in the opposite direction from the stadium, out onto the motorway and round to the north of the stadium before coming off, took around 50 minutes for what was about 3 miles as the crow flies! I definitely wouldn't advise making your own way there. I can't recall our buses getting attacked before or after the game, though it is fairly late when you get dropped off back at the Port - was about 00-30 after our game so be wary if you're staying a fair distance from the Port.

Bilboblue said:
You got a place to stay yet gooner? How long you going for?

Yeah we've booked up about 15-20 of us in a decent place near the port. Got it's own bar and that, seems alright.

lancs blue said:

Yes we had to catch buses from the main Port area where the big cruise ships dock, it was a scenic trip as the convoy of buses headed in the opposite direction from the stadium, out onto the motorway and round to the north of the stadium before coming off, took around 50 minutes for what was about 3 miles as the crow flies! I definitely wouldn't advise making your own way there. I can't recall our buses getting attacked before or after the game, though it is fairly late when you get dropped off back at the Port - was about 00-30 after our game so be wary if you're staying a fair distance from the Port.

Ha ha, yeah just had to check my flights, was worried for a moment.
Thanks, doesn't sound too bad that, should be alright then. Meant to be a cracking atmosphere in there so should be good, especially if they nick an early goal but we should be fine to go through top of the group.

Your lot are pretty much in the same boat as Napoli aren't you but already qualified.

southlondonarsenal said:
Bilboblue said:

Yeah we've booked up about 15-20 of us in a decent place near the port. Got it's own bar and that, seems alright.

lancs blue said:

Thanks, doesn't sound too bad that, should be alright then. Meant to be a cracking atmosphere in there so should be good, especially if they nick an early goal but we should be fine to go through top of the group.

Your lot are pretty much in the same boat as Napoli aren't you but already qualified.

Come again???

Bilboblue said:
southlondonarsenal said:
Bilboblue said:

lancs blue said:

Come again???

To win the group we need to win 3-0

blueday said:
Bilboblue said:
southlondonarsenal said:

Come again???

To win the group we need to win 3-0

I'm either slacking or have lost my ability to understand English. I thought he meant for us to go through.... *hangs head in shame*

southlondonarsenal said:
Off out there in two weeks' time, looking forward to it. Any City who went out have recommendations?
I'm not worried safety-wise as I speak decent Italian and have been before, just behave as you would in any other foreign gaff with a bit of edge to it and don't make yourself a target.

Did you all get buses to the ground? Having seen they did in the Marseille buses and having heard stories of Chelsea buses getting attacked, seems to me like we'll be sitting ducks in them, best to make your own way or not?

Apologies for the bump but I can't start new threads.

Be careful. Italian fans are horrible, and I never intend to return to Napoli ever again...the first Euro destination I'd never go back to.

It's a horrible place, evil atmosphere and the ground is quite literally crumbling to pieces.

Watch your back out there.Horrible place,very dodgy.By the time you get dropped off back at the port after the match,there will only be yourselves and napoli fans on the streets.My advice is get a taxi from any hotel when you come out of port.A few of ours got stabbed then

We stayed in Rome so dive to the port and then got straight back in the car and drove back after the game once we got off the buses.

What did look worrying was that once everyone got off the buses the police simply left everyone to walk back; if I remember right that was when some City got attacked.

They dropped us off at the port after the match but there wasn't a taxi in sight!
The main problem you'll have is getting from port to hotel - that's when a city fan got stabbed iirc

tazmancblue said:
We stayed in Rome so dive to the port and then got straight back in the car and drove back after the game once we got off the buses.

What did look worrying was that once everyone got off the buses the police simply left everyone to walk back; if I remember right that was when some City got attacked.

Thats exactly what happened, we stayed together in a group and got left alone - however had to have wits about you.
However, Napoli was my favourate away - great atmosphere from napoli, great experience, good drink and a bit 70s mad!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.