City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in World

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in Wor

TCIB said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
The funniest thing about all this is that we owe some of our success to the strength of United. We have always been reasonably well known as "the other club in Manchester". I have relatives the USA and even in the 90s their football-daft kids saw City as cool (probably because of the Madchester scene and Oasis)
City have positioned themselves skilfully (welcome to Manchester Tevez posters etc) as the community club with staunch local routes. We are a sort of "anti-United" brand. We are the alternative choice for sponsors and in this way we actually feed off United's brand. The City of Manchester itself is a strong international brand (alternative to London) so that helps as well.
So, as well as supporting us by filling up their cars with fuel, we have a lot to thank the rags for!

I lived in milwaukee and austin tx.
Nobody had ever heard about us, we owe nothing to united in such respects.
Even living in Holland barely anyone had ever heard of us.
100% disagree with you.

Perhaps the kids are different in Texas compared to Oregon! I can assure you (from an impeccable source) that one of the reasons City were bought by the Abu Dhabi group was that they believed the fact we shared the same city (almost) as United was an opportunity for us in marketing terms.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
LoveCity said:
There were 15,000 in Albert Square alone. That's before the thousands in the streets. Red delusion as usual to try and make themselves feel big. Nothing will ever top their "19" parade for a hilariously bad turn-out.
I've heard that at least half of them were dummies, like the roll-call in 'Escape to Victory'.

I have to confess that I went to the parade with my sons and grandsons - six of us in all - and we started in Albert Square, but we then ran to Deansgate, then further along Deansgate and finally to Exchange Square. We did this callously and calculatingly to delude the Daily Fail spies concealed in the sparse assembly of those who usually leave their plastic seats (blue I believe?) at the Etihad empty. This "accelerated displacement" as it's known, to get fans counted multiple times, is a trick which has grown in popularity among City's few followers since 1956, when it was first used. The speed of the displacement was , however, shown to be far from impressive when it had to be compared with the more modern "Old Trafford fire alarm" manoeuvre, first unleashed on the world at Wembley on 17 April 2011, which allows thousands of fans not to be seen, heard or counted at all.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
LoveCity said:
There were 15,000 in Albert Square alone. That's before the thousands in the streets. Red delusion as usual to try and make themselves feel big. Nothing will ever top their "19" parade for a hilariously bad turn-out.
I've heard that at least half of them were dummies, like the roll-call in 'Escape to Victory'.

I have to confess that I went to the parade with my sons and grandsons - six of us in all - and we started in Albert Square, but we then ran to Deansgate, then further along Deansgate and finally to Exchange Square. We did this callously and calculatingly to delude the Daily Fail spies concealed in the sparse assembly of those who usually leave their plastic seats (blue I believe?) at the Etihad empty. This "accelerated displacement" as it's known, to get fans counted multiple times, is a trick which has grown in popularity among City's few followers since 1956, when it was first used. The speed of the displacement was , however, shown to be far from impressive when it had to be compared with the more modern "Old Trafford fire alarm" manoeuvre, first unleashed on the world at Wembley on 17 April 2011, which allows thousands of fans not to be seen, heard or counted at all.

Ah, but your cunning stunt fell apart when a journalist red-circled you and your lads in Deansgate.

Rammyblues said:
I am no marketing expert but isn't there a difference between brand and popularity?

That's how I read this list too. It doesn't claim that we've surpassed the likes of Liverpool in popularity (yet), just that the valuation of our brand exceeds theirs. Reading the article comments in the fail is great fun because it just illustrates how little rival fans understand of City's situation and how we are positioned for the future.

In the present and the years to follow when City is past the break-even stage of its project, this value will ensure we get to profitability. It's wonderful news and

LoveCity said:

Is that the occasion when United fans became world hide and seek champions?

Nah they all turned up in fancy dress as street furniture. :-)

sir baconface said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Ah, but your cunning stunt fell apart when a journalist red-circled you and your lads in Deansgate.

I fear I was actually betrayed by some honest City fans, inspired no doubt by President Platini's "fair play" message and example, who pointed at us and began singing, "They're not, they're not really here!"

Not gone down too well on rawk.

Was that brand report sponsored by etihad by any chance, laughable how they can be the fifth best football brand in the world over many established clubs like us,juventus ac milan ajax etc.

Aside from the fact that it takes future growth into consideration, we were formed and therefore "established" before any of the clubs he mentions.
They're gonna love the next few years.

stony said:
Not gone down too well on rawk.

Was that brand report sponsored by etihad by any chance, laughable how they can be the fifth best football brand in the world over many established clubs like us,juventus ac milan ajax etc.

Aside from the fact that it takes future growth into consideration, we were formed and therefore "established" before any of the clubs he mentions.
They're gonna love the next few years.
they're getting more and more bitter as the penny drops further

had a Liverpool fan, who i hadn't known was a Liverpool fan for four years, give me a heap of grief on Thursday and that our fine wasn't big enough and we should be banned
oh how i laughed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.