City's Transfer Window Haul

Re: Realistically....

Realistically, we should be aiming for top 6, and I think the squad we have at the moment is strong enough to get that. The only thing that let us down last season was our terrible away game tactics which we managed to sort out in the end with a good win over Everton and a good performance against Spurs. Now we have the grit of Barry and Roque, we can play our football at CoMS and across England

Good point CTID, but I wouldn't describe myself as "happy". I'd describe myself as "satisfied". I appreciate that it would be a brilliant window if we get those five, but all we've heard for a year is how ADUG only had 12 hours to spend their cash and we got Robinho in that time, so come this summer BIG THINGS are going to happen. The expectation was only heightened by the Kaka attempt.

Garry C has made no attempt, until two days ago, to dampen those expectations. Again, I'd say those five are excellent, but I feel as though we've been promised more, the whole "shaking world football" idea. Although that could still happen.

how can people not be satisfied? Would you rather have RSC and Barry as your top signings, or Dabo and Corradi? Give it time, and we'll get the bigger players

According to Talk Shite today, there's been a bit of a phony war going on up to now in the transfer market but they would expect the next 10 days to see some significant movement in terms of clubs and players (and their agents) because we're talking a matter of five weeks to the new season.

I wouldn't get panicky yet. We've gone in for a player (Eto'o) and pulled out because they were fannying about. This deal may not be done yet as I don't think Barca want to keep him, I think Eto'o doesn't want to stay and I don 't think any other team are able to offer the money required. But I'm not counting my chickens. I think Barry and RSC is good business indeed and if Tevez and either Lescott or Terry come that would be a very good transfer window.

However I still think we need another in the RSC mould as he may get injured and then we're back to Caceido who has heart but is not the finished article. Our main weaknesses last season was defence and goals away from home. Goals away from homw would be massively helped by a top class target man which I (unlike many on here) believe RSC will be but we need another. I think our defence in front of Given will be better this year without any additions and will be much improved with Lescott or Terry.

So yes pleased but not ecstatic yet. But I believe I will be ;)

Bluemoon115 said:
So then, Mammutly, what would make you happy?

Easy - winning something!

All this talk of 'aiming for top six' and 'a good cup run' is total bollox IMO. We should be aiming to win every game we play and we should be seriously pissed off if we don't. Sven gave us a glimpse of that. A lot of the clowns who post on here seem to think that losing 1-0 to top four sides is a good result! Absolutely fucking atrocious attitude!

mammutly said:
Bluemoon115 said:
So then, Mammutly, what would make you happy?

Easy - winning something!

All this talk of 'aiming for top six' and 'a good cup run' is total bollox IMO. We should be aiming to win every game we play and we should be seriously pissed off if we don't. Sven gave us a glimpse of that. A lot of the clowns who post on here seem to think that losing 1-0 to top four sides is a good result! Absolutely fucking atrocious attitude!

I'm sorry I don't get what you mean. What exactly did Sven give us a glimpse of?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.