City's Transfer Window Haul

Re: Realistically....

mammutly said:
Bluemoon115 said:
So then, Mammutly, what would make you happy?

Easy - winning something!

All this talk of 'aiming for top six' and 'a good cup run' is total bollox IMO. We should be aiming to win every game we play and we should be seriously pissed off if we don't. Sven gave us a glimpse of that. A lot of the clowns who post on here seem to think that losing 1-0 to top four sides is a good result! Absolutely fucking atrocious attitude!

agree m8 we need a win all mentality and no respecting any other team

C_T_I_D said:
....what remaining transfers would leave you feeling reasonably happy come end of the transfer window?

I'd say Lescott and Tevez and that'd be me, a transfer window consisting of:

Stuart Taylor (sub GK)
Jolean Lescott
Carlos Tevez
Gareth Barry
Roque Santa Cruz

Please keep it realistic and not turn it into an Aguero, Fabiano fest which you know deep down simply won't happen.

Agree so far mate......

But if we dont get Tevez and Lescott or two equally excellent players, then no i wont be happy.

Barry and Santa Cruz are nothing like the signings we have been promised for the last 12 months. I know Cook and Hughes can do no wrong in many posters eyes, but imo there is no way we will get the top6 spot they need as a minimum next season with those two 'decent' players.

There are still many gaps that need filling in our team, unless of course you are happy enough to finish 9th with an extra point than last season. In that case i think you will be very happy next season. But i wont.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
mammutly said:
Bluemoon115 said:

All this talk of 'aiming for top six' and 'a good cup run' is total bollox IMO. We should be aiming to win every game we play and we should be seriously pissed off if we don't. Sven gave us a glimpse of that. A lot of the clowns who post on here seem to think that losing 1-0 to top four sides is a good result! Absolutely fucking atrocious attitude!

I'm sorry I don't get what you mean. What exactly did Sven give us a glimpse of?

Success!!

Before Thaksin stepped in and undermined it

mammutly said:
I can't believe that it's not been discussed on here that Tevez has asked for more time. It was published on newsnow early this morning in a Sun article that's since been changed. I got two text messages about it rfom different rags today saying he's going to end up at Real. Surely this has been gone over!

So you're going off an article in the sun that got immediatly removed and 2 rag mates texts?

Were you the guy who said he would cut his season ticket up if we signed bellamy?

Seems you're a fan of knee jerk reactions

True_Blue69 said:
mammutly said:
I can't believe that it's not been discussed on here that Tevez has asked for more time. It was published on newsnow early this morning in a Sun article that's since been changed. I got two text messages about it rfom different rags today saying he's going to end up at Real. Surely this has been gone over!

So you're going off an article in the sun that got immediatly removed and 2 rag mates texts?

Were you the guy who said he would cut his season ticket up if we signed bellamy?

Seems you're a fan of knee jerk reactions

I'm thinking of asking him if he wants to buy London Bridge off me.

mammutly said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
mammutly said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I'm sorry I don't get what you mean. What exactly did Sven give us a glimpse of?

Success!!

Before Thaksin stepped in and undermined it

Hahahahahahah that's the funniest thing I've heard on here for a while. His form for the last 2 thirds of the season was on a par with Pearces last season in charge which was a dreadful season. He showed us how to get spanked away at Middlesborough on the last day, how to sign Bianchi then off-load him at Xmas, how to play Elano at RB, etc. How many of Sven's wonder signings are first choices currently? Hmmmm none. I'll give him Petrov and Elano but they weren't exactly hidden gems were they. We all knew about them before hand.

He hit the ground running and then when the season settled in he looked as clueless as always. Like a lost child. I groaned when we first got him and was about to eat my words when we started playing well but it was a false start and we soon looked the way I expected us to under him. He was a shoddy manager with a big time reputation just like he was for England.

If we take the names mentioned as done deals, then I think another CB on top of Lescott would really put us in a great position. JT is the obvious name that springs to mind, but I think Lucio at 8mil is a steal.

For me it was all about sorting out our defense. I'm not sure why we haventbeen linked with any LBs, its clearly a weak point

smiles said:
If we take the names mentioned as done deals, then I think another CB on top of Lescott would really put us in a great position. JT is the obvious name that springs to mind, but I think Lucio at 8mil is a steal.

For me it was all about sorting out our defense. I'm not sure why we haventbeen linked with any LBs, its clearly a weak point

Weakish. If we get Lescott he can cover there and Barry can also cover if need be. Plus I don't completely hate Garrido, I think he's useful going forward and, if we play 2 defensive mids as usual, he will be required to do that more and more. Plus he has Free kick potential. I do believe Bridge will be way better this year, I've always rated him. I think a CB and another Striker/target man are the most important for us.

Exchange Taylor for Hart - No change

Barry - Great signing. Santa Cruz - Great signing if he stays fit. If we get Tevez, and a quality defender, I'd be very excited.

We should remember that we signed a lot of players last season who will be better 2nd time around. Johnson, and Bojinov will be like new signings.

Already a lot to look forward, and we should be stronger by KO. Our rivals also look to be in disarray

good solid signings and will push us forward......but we still need more (especially upfront)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.