City's worst manager of all time

Re: Citys worst manager of all time.

Pigeonho said:
In my time, Alan Ball, (RIP). He was fucking shit and that's all there is to it.

If he was 2 thirds manager that he was a player, he would have been brilliant. Easily the best right sided midfield player this country has ever produced and the main reason England won the world cup in 66.

Whilst I agree both Ball (RIP) & Neal were truly shit, I have never reached the heights (or lows if you like) of absolute devastation and despair that a certain Frank Clark helped me to achieve. As soon as he signed on I knew we had just brought in the Alan Partridge of football managers. What a f**king clown. To say he was clueless would be a compliment.

Has to be Alan Ball, people can point at the likes of Coppell, Clark and even Hughes(who I don't rate at all), but their body of work elsewhere had success. Ball was simply a wank manager who only kept getting jobs because he had friends that would look past the fact that he was totally worthless in any kind of role managing people.

Seedy Ron said:
Whilst I agree both Ball (RIP) & Neal were truly shit, I have never reached the heights (or lows if you like) of absolute devastation and despair that a certain Frank Clark helped me to achieve. As soon as he signed on I knew we had just brought in the Alan Partridge of football managers. What a f**king clown. To say he was clueless would be a compliment.

I don't quite understand what happened with Clark. At first he seemed to have found a system with Kinky in that kind of worked for a while. Then he tried two up front with Kinky in a midfield four, a system which never worked. I don't know why he didn't persist with plan A.

Using my patented armadillo-manager-assessment-tool* I calculate that it is Jimmy Frizzell with a win percentage of only 23.81% (I'm excluding anyone that has managed for less than 38 games)

Jimmy Frizzell 21 September 1986-May 1987 P42 W10 D12 L20 F40 A61 23.81%

I award a Silver Medal to Alan Ball for this record...
Alan Ball 30 June 1995-26 August 1996 P49 W13 D14 L22 F49 A70 26.53%

*wikipedia

I was thinking something similar when it crossed my mind we're still recovering from MH. So, who has been the worst manager to take over from?

despite paying a fortune to players we don't need, use, or want, and not seeing even a fraction of the £30M spent on RSQ and Bridge, it hasn't had any real effect on the performance of RM because of the position we're in.

From what I remember, KK left behind a very average squad after spending what was an astronomical amount of money at that time, leaving little hope for any successor

Citys worst manager of all time.

Got to be Howard Kendall for walking away, any idiot on this planet could see we had a chance of the championship if he stayed, what fkn wally, a bad manager is someone who could see how good the team were and not see it through, not someone who wanted to do well but couldn't ?

Tbilisi said:
Asa Hartford - took us for one game v Charton I think which we won 2 - 1 and said afterwards that he wouldnt want to do that again which dissapointed me due to the amount of shit we were in at that time.

To defend Phil Neal at least he wanted to do the job,most ran a mile.

Mr Copple at 33 days may take some beating.

^THIS

Well said mate, at least Phil Neal had the balls to stand up and have a go in a period when we were the poisoned chalice of football. (PS - wasn't it QPR that Asa took us for?)

There can be only one, and that man is Alan Ball, even if I did hear that he spoke highly of city - in his squeeky cartoon voice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.