City's worst manager of all time

Re: Citys worst manager of all time.

Alan Ball, horrible squeaky voiced ginger twat. RIP

Got to be the World Cup winner. I once wound him up playing poker on Ladbrokes. as luck would have it I was in a large Tourney with him and somehow when the tables split I kept following him around. He got quite shirty getting grief and ended up going out on a big tilt t me.

As an aside I remember when Frank Clark was manager of Notts Forrest Masters team a few years ago. They'd won the whole thing I think 2 years on the bounce before he got there. His only and only attempt ended with them losing all game and in an interview on the night after the game said 'I've no idea how that happened'. Summed him up perfectly.

I remember Steve Coppell's sister, who was a good friend of mine at the time telling me that Steve was bound for City, (I've never met him btw). 30 odd days later he fucked off as his head had gone. I was, at the time sorry for him as I seriously thought he had some medical problems. I now know that it was the City board who had the problems; Oh and Alan Ball probably eclipses him in the shit manager stakes.

I'll vote for Malcolm Allison... almost both spells... took winning teams and trashed them. We should have built on the success of the 67/68 team, and I blame Allison for failing to translate that into enduring success. The second spell, swapping Peter Barnes and Gary Owen for Daley, was criminal. His impact on City was destructive both times, ruining harmony and finances, and leaving chaos in his wake. He got away with a lot because of his charisma, and he did good work as Mercer's number 2. But as a manager, he hurt City badly. I'm certainly not defending Ball - but for me, Allison is the worst manager we had.

AustinBlue said:
I'll vote for Malcolm Allison... almost both spells... took winning teams and trashed them. We should have built on the success of the 67/68 team, and I blame Allison for failing to translate that into enduring success. The second spell, swapping Peter Barnes and Gary Owen for Daley, was criminal. His impact on City was destructive both times, ruining harmony and finances, and leaving chaos in his wake. He got away with a lot because of his charisma, and he did good work as Mercer's number 2. But as a manager, he hurt City badly. I'm certainly not defending Ball - but for me, Allison is the worst manager we had.

I've got some sympathy with this, Malcolm disappointed me as well at the time.
Still love him to bits though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.