City's worst manager of all time

It would have to be Ball.

I attended one of his very first training sessions with the first team. We were literally on the touchline watching as the players did some of the usual ball-control / relay work.

I kid you not that Ball turned to me and my (rag) friend, and commented that 'Lomas can't even kick a ball' whilst shaking his head in disbelief.

In an instant i feared we were in deep deep trouble, for many reasons, but him being the prime one.

I believe he was only appointed in the first place because Souness bottled it despite giving Franny his word that he would take the job.

Alan Ball (total wanker). Any one who thinlks Pierce is dead wrong. I dont like him and i hated his football but with our squad he did what was nessessary to keep us up.. and it worked.
Mind numbingly boring but effective and thats good management !!

Alan Ball. But the second coming of Big Mal runs him close. Dragoslav Stepanovic, Bobby Shinton etc. instead of Peter Barnes, Gary Owen etc

Ahh, the memories....

Tricky one this

Alan Ball possibly

Stuart Pearce (awful football) but at least we didn't get relegated

It's got to be Frank Clark for me

Why Horton never gets mentioned. This muppet has made a career out of being an "ex City manager" his record stands up with the worst, Pearce, Hughes, in other words how to make a team worse than the one he took over. It's easy to include Ball, Coppell, Neal and Clarke, yes they were rubbish but they had one thing in common, an interfering
Chairman. Horton should have walked after the 5-0 at the swamp.

glenowen said:
Alan Ball. But the second coming of Big Mal runs him close. Dragoslav Stepanovic, Bobby Shinton etc. instead of Peter Barnes, Gary Owen etc

Ahh, the memories....

Yeah, I was going to mention Big Mals second stint although his first stint as manager wasn't very good either.
I knew Swales had done us over again when he appointed him under/alongside/over Tony Book and he would back stab Book as soon as possible. After all he did have previous with Mercer. 1979 was the start of the long dark tea time of our souls (which lasted around 30 years for christs sake).

Horton was very good i will never forget that 5-2 thumping OF spurs at maine road.But mark hughes was poor city fans never sung his name.I agree mark hughes was the worst didnt have clue how to defend

blueonblue said:
There is only one clear winner, that f*cking loser numpty hughes, every other candidate has at least some mitigation of no money or a piss poor squad left from a previous manager.

Numpty continues to show just how bad he is by repeating the same tricks of spending a fortune and replacing the keeper for a far inferior one while dragging the team down the table, a team with not a bad squad including Djibril Cisse who I rate as one of the best finishers in the game, and Nedum who is as good or better than most defenders in the league.

I pity the poor fans having to listen to the oh so familiar excuses of it being every bodies fault except his week after week, no doubt "We will get stronger in the second half of the season" is on its way soon.
Good Shout!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.