CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Good matchup, avoiding Barca/Real/Bayern until the semis. Plus have the decisive 2nd leg in Manchester. Not sure what more you could realistically ask for in the UCL QF.

UEFA keep defying the odds with another draw that keeps the top teams from facing each other until the semis. PMSL.
Don't forget keeping the Spanish teams apart.

So you'd risk a treble just for the kudos of winning the league against the rags? That seems daft to me. The priority now is the Champions League, and we should do whatever it takes to ensure our squad is in prime condition for those games. We have 2 trophies in the bag, no matter what the derby result is.
If it was guaranteed, I would trade winning the title against them for winning the CL. But it's anything but guaranteed and anyway, why can't we do both? 3 games in 10 days is hardly unheard of. In fact, it's par for the course.

Last edited:
There's a psychological barrier to be overcome here, for our fans, our team and our club.

Guardiola is the one man I'd hand pick to see us through and get this monkey off our back once and for all.

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.

Everton game being switched to Saturday at 12.30, that’s what I posted before about dippers moaning about the five hour advantage we have, but they have it wrong way round, I think ;-)
Because they know they need to have their excuses concocted.

Well said.

I know a Mod has already had a word with me about this but by fuck this forum needs to toughen up!

I won’t say anything more on that matter now Mods

I am suprised the Mod had a word, it needed to be said and I am glad you said it. Some fans are now even panicking about the Derby as though UeFA have sprung the two dates on us. Hell some seem to prefer Barca away, Rags and then Barca home, we really are a defeatist bunch, no wonder there is no atmosphere, they are to busy with roseary beads and prayer mats.
Please note other types of beads are available, not sure about mats.

Amazing, isn’t it?

The two 'favourites', Barcelona and Bayern, are drawn against the 'outsiders' Roma and Sevilla respectively, and the four 'middling' teams are drawn against each other.

What a coincidence!

Good matchup, avoiding Barca/Real/Bayern until the semis. Plus have the decisive 2nd leg in Manchester. Not sure what more you could realistically ask for in the UCL QF.

UEFA keep defying the odds with another draw that keeps the top teams from facing each other until the semis. PMSL.

They would in their defense I would imagine they would point out Real Madrid and PSG meeting in the last 16?

Like you I do think this is a pretty good draw, avoiding the real big guns and 2nd leg at home. Infact if there were a terrible parallel world where its is the rags who have just got this draw (and we are not even the FA Cup because Wigan have knocked us out) then we would without doubt be calling them jammy bastards for having got this draw and with some justification I might add.

What if, oh no it's Liverpool, they beat us. Can we do it over two legs.

I don't think I believe we will beat them away, with a full team and Berny playing right in the first leg we are good enough to win there and if they then start to chase the game we could even virtually close the tie out in the first leg.
Then we look at the Derby, three big games in a week so have Liverpool. Plus the title is nearly done we can close it out pretty quick even if we drop points against Everton or the rags, they are also going to drop points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.