CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

BIg two weeks....
Sat 17:30 Everton (a)
Wed 19:45 Liverpool (a) CL 1st Leg
Sat 17:30 Utd (h)
Tue 19:45 Liverpool (h) CL 2nd leg
Sat 19:45 Spurs (a)

I see the usual ‘got to play the strongest team v the rags’ is getting its usual outing, it’s the least important of the 3 games that week ffs. The leagues won no matter what so its irrelevant who we actually get it against, some would rather have bragging rights v the rags than see the club proceed to only the second CL semi final in our history.

Seriously some people need to get their priorities in order. The rags are now irrelevant, we needed bragging rights regarding derby games when we were shit, were not anymore.
This all day!! And were lucky we have a manager that will think the same way

Not sure I feel the same way about Liverpool as some City fans do
- Their 4 goals were wonder goals from outside the box
- We had 10 minutes of madness where we didn't adjust
- 4-3 would have been an excellent result in the Champions League with 3 away goals
- We beat them 5-0 at the Etihad
- False sense of security from them beating us in January
- Second leg is at home. Providing we have a couple of away goals from the Anfield tie this is an advantage.

Not saying it's going to be easy but I would definitely fancy us over 180 minutes of football.

Those confident Liverpool fans seem to have a very short memory and, boy, are they in for a rude awakening.
I'm pretty sure we're going to dominate them in pretty much every aspect of the game, Anfield or no anfield.

liverpool fans speak and act like anfield is some kind of sentencing courthouse where opposing teams go to face judgment. lets just trash them by three goals or so and leave a candle or two there before we return. putting the tie to rest in anfield would be a special feeling. I have a good feeling about this.

They were extremely lucky that day. First goal was a foul on stones. Second one 9 out of 10 times Mane would have hit that straight or wide with his weaker foot. Third goal was just an Ederson cock up. They had a lot of luck in that game and at 1-1 we were looking in control.
I'm re watching the game now as I write this. After Sane equalised we were well on top until they went 2-1 up. Had Otamendi been more accurate with his header that clipped the bar it would of been a very different outcome. We lost the game in a collective 10 minute fuck up. I'm confident it won't happen again. With captain Kompany and Silva playing, it will be a different game in which I feel we will get at least a score draw at theirs.

No chance of the Utd game now being shifted. I wonder if the Scouse derby will be shifted to Sat Lunchtime?

Anyway I am now going out for an hour or so, and by the time I come back I will have had 2 pints which will be more than enough to help me believe that we will give the scousers a shoeing at Anfield, before giving the rags a most severe spanking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.