CL Ticket availability

The fact that we can't sell out against the European champions and have needed to dish out cheap tickets to schools, colleges and the civil service should send a very clear message to those in charge of the ticket pricing and hopefully they'll learn from this.

The sight of thousands of empty seats tonight would have sent a clear message to everyone that we won't be ripped off.

first home game ive missed in a long time, its my sons birthday today. so it was either take my son and 23 year old daughter and cost me £100+ or get the lads and family round and watch on tv with some beers ... unfortuantely the latter won. i cant justify that much money after buying presents and my daughters birthday next week also. i think its ridiculously priced !!

The Fat el Hombre said:
Georgian Maestro said:
Any updates on how the tickets are selling for tonight?

They've stopped selling them online. Dunno whether that's just because it's too late to buy from there now or not, but I looked earlier and it was all but sold out really.

Would love to know how many they've had to flog on the cheap. Got one for 25 quid myself

If you look at the 3 game bundle offer, you will be able to see that there are still plenty of seats scattered around the ground. My estimation is that there are 2,000 odds and sods left, which means with the usual UEFA restrictions, and assuming Bayern bring their allocation, will put tonight's attendance at circa 45,000.

I think that is a good effort considering the expense of travel, time off and rival TV coverage available.

I wasn't at Villa, however even just for me, by Saturday I will have made 4 journeys to Manchester in the last 13 days, racking up 800 miles of fuel (£120) paid solely by myself, 2 days holiday taken (PRICELESS), 4 Match Tickets (averaged at £40 = £160) and at least another £50 to cover food and parking!

So for 4 games of football, it will be £330 and 2 days holiday to boot. I am not whining however as it is my choice and luckily I have been able to fund it, however for most fans now prices like this are simply too much and cannot be justified.

It's a tough problem to solve for those in the decision making positions. How can you be seen to prioritise the Champions League yet come up with a pricing formula that allows the game to sell out.

Perhaps an option is to increase the price of the season ticket by £100 for adults and have it include all Champions League fixtures for that season. If we do progress beyond the group stage then the fans are the winners with extra free football. Also as part of the Seasoncard it would be eligible for Direct Debit payment.

Anyway enough from me, it's off to the car I go!

bearing in mind the millions clubs receive from Uefa for merely being in the CL let alone the extra payments per point and bonus payments depending on how far they progress in the competition why do clubs charge such high prices?

if they charged say £30 instead of £48 it would be a sell out and the club would only be down £800k which is small change compared to what they receive from Uefa and TV?

Whilst I appreciate the financial reasons why people are not going tonight, God help us if we get through to the later rounds and the ticket prices go up £8-£10 a round!

Blue-Eyes said:
Whilst I appreciate the financial reasons why people are not going tonight, God help us if we get through to the later rounds and the ticket prices go up £8-£10 a round!

Now that sir, is a very fair point. And funny enough, those games will be against clubs like Bayern Munich.
I'm on my way to Boa Vista Cape verde, via Stuttgart (don't ask) so I won't be at the game, but I would if I could.

alib said:
bearing in mind the millions clubs receive from Uefa for merely being in the CL let alone the extra payments per point and bonus payments depending on how far they progress in the competition why do clubs charge such high prices?

if they charged say £30 instead of £48 it would be a sell out and the club would only be down £800k which is small change compared to what they receive from Uefa and TV?

I'd have thought that the money difference wouldn't be anywhere near £800k seen as we've had to flog thousands to tax dodgers and other day trippers at half the price (as well as any seats that we might not fill at all)

Fuzzy Logic said:
The fact that we can't sell out against the European champions and have needed to dish out cheap tickets to schools, colleges and the civil service should send a very clear message to those in charge of the ticket pricing and hopefully they'll learn from this.

The sight of thousands of empty seats tonight would have sent a clear message to everyone that we won't be ripped off.

Fuzzy by name and Fuzzy by nature it seems !!!! Did you honestly believe that a scenario like that would have ever happened.
A snippet of news for you from the OS ;

A limited number of tickets are still on sale for tonight’s UEFA Champions League tie against Bayern Munich, but there are one or two points supporters should bear in mind ahead of the match, which kicks off at 7.45pm

have they been dishing out free or cheap tickets to manchester uni ?, i was offerd four for £20 each from a student if this is the case its a shit thing to do from the club, this was last week so not an impulse decision from the club to get shut of the last few

Hate having to sit at home tonight and watch it on the Tv :(
Been in the cup schemes for awhile now but removed myself from them for this season due to cost.

Enjoy the night, see you on Saturday :)

Ps city: absolute Piss takers, trying to get £48 off loyal supporters like myself who are skint, yet giving £25 tickets to random kids in colleges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.