Clapham alkali attack

Mother has life changing injuries and is still sedated , the kids injuries are not thought to be life changing

Police statement on news now

Apparently anyone on the sex offenders list should see their application be rejected, as a matter of course.

That’s what the BBC are reporting in any case.

But a judge hearing a Human rights appeal would have the discretion.

If he failed two appeals it's unlikely that it wasn't a judge who approved the claim.

But a judge hearing a Human rights appeal would have the discretion.

If he failed two appeals it's unlikely that it wasn't a judge who approved the claim.
The Home Office could have appealed the decision to grant asylum, but apparently no one is aware of whether any appeal was made.

The Home Office could have appealed the decision to grant asylum, but apparently no one is aware of whether any appeal was made.

Would it have made much difference by that point? The successful claim was either in 2021 or 2022. By that point it would have either taken months before the deportation, by which time the Taliban are in Kabul.

So it would have been indefinite detention for many years.

Unfortunately we don't have pre-cogs working as judges or the home office.

Would it have made much difference by that point? The successful claim was either in 2021 or 2022. By that point it would have either taken months before the deportation, by which time the Taliban are in Kabul.

So it would have been indefinite detention for many years.

Unfortunately we don't have pre-cogs working as judges or the home office.
In this case it still wouldn’t have led to his deportation given the timeline, but it’s clearly unacceptable that sex offenders can remain in the country roaming about for months if not years while their tribunal decision - which goes against Home Office rules - is being reviewed. I’d personally prefer to see them being detained, regardless of how long they have to be locked up.

I don’t think you have to be a psychic to think that granting asylum to a sex offender could lead to something sinister happening (again) somewhere down the line.

In this case it still wouldn’t have led to his deportation given the timeline, but it’s clearly unacceptable that sex offenders can remain in the country roaming about for months if not years while their tribunal decision - which goes against Home Office rules - is being reviewed. I’d personally prefer to see them being detained, regardless of how long they have to be locked up.

I don’t think you have to be a psychic to think that granting asylum to a sex offender could lead to something sinister happening (again) somewhere down the line.

You could also take the same stance for minor offences. It doesn't necessarily follow.

We should probably lock up all criminals in suspended animation in case they do something sinister.

You could also take the same stance for minor offences. It doesn't necessarily follow.

We should probably lock up all criminals in suspended animation in case they do something sinister.
So you’re answer then is that if somebody comes into the country and fails twice in their asylum application, and is placed on the sex offenders list in the meantime, you should just leave them be and let them stay in the country and give them a load of benefits as well for good measure.

That’s pretty much what I would have expected from you to be honest, but thanks for confirming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.