Clarkson. Finished?

It's funny you mention semantics because what Lineker did was compare the language used to that of 1930s Germany. Not the policies, not the actions, the language. And he is correct. Hitler didn't start by telling people he wanted to kill jews, he started by building an agenda against them and blaming them for the country's issues.

The language used about "enough is enough" and then talking about how much the govt spends on the issue is building that same hatred. Lineker doesn't suggest for a moment we are going to kill them. But for such a sensitive issue, where the majority are risking their lives to get here, it's pretty distateful. They're spending £7m a day on hotels because of their own ineptitude at addressing the issue not because that's a true cost.

Anyway back to Clarkson. Like his farm show.
Whatever the rights and wrongs are about immigrants....I personally would give them residency and jobs then they could pay for rent, power and food like the rest of us. I will call out the hypocrite Lineker for his "akin to the Nazis" comments. Totally out of order and context imo.
Of course you are free to support him and his comments as is your right.

Whatever the rights and wrongs are about immigrants....I personally would give them residency and jobs then they could pay for rent, power and food like the rest of us. I will call out the hypocrite Lineker for his "akin to the Nazis" comments. Totally out of order and context imo.
Of course you are free to support him and his comments as is your right.

I just don't believe he was drawing parallels to anything other than the language, so is correct. But he could and shoukd have probably referenced extreme politics in general for his own benefit. Enough is enough is a very strong statement which can motivate the right wing and lead to a rise in issues for legal migrants too, as well as general racism. I find it baffling how two second generation immigrants are spearheading this. But there you go!

Lineker can say what he wants, I'm not particularly arsed about his opinion.
He can afford to take his position, and I respect that, but many others see the situation differently.
We all contribute what we can to our chosen causes, if that's what we choose to do.
I've always been OK with immigration, never had a problem, and I've stayed in areas of Birmingham that I must admit I was slightly apprehensive of, but guess what, I've never once felt intimidated or excluded, even in predominantly so called no go areas.
Generally, that's a myth.
The secrecy, the hotels, the general skullduggery of the present situation does worry me.
We can't keep welcoming visitors and putting them up forever, can we?
If that's the plan, fine, but we need to build purpose built housing and find them jobs, and be transparent about it. Is that unreasonable?
Let's admit what's happening and deal with it, and most people wouldn't have a problem.
Hiding them behind hotels and pretending it isn't happening does nobody any favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.