Classic Album Overrated/Underrated Discussion

Did it? I seem to recall it got very good reviews at the time. Maybe not now looking back, for opinions change, but I'm pretty sure back then it was well received.

" Rolling Stone, MTV and Melody Maker all gave Tin Machine fairly positive press, but the majority of the media simply savaged the group. Many of Bowie’s fans were not pleased with the music, either. Few knew what to make of a bearded Bowie simply serving as a singer in a hard rock band. Bowie’s label EMI hated what they heard, and tried to shop his contract"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-bowie-tin-machine/

I'm gonna go straight to the top shelf and say OK Computer by Radiohead is turd. I've gone back to it many times over the past 15 years and never like listening to it.

" Rolling Stone, MTV and Melody Maker all gave Tin Machine fairly positive press, but the majority of the media simply savaged the group. Many of Bowie’s fans were not pleased with the music, either. Few knew what to make of a bearded Bowie simply serving as a singer in a hard rock band. Bowie’s label EMI hated what they heard, and tried to shop his contract"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-bowie-tin-machine/

All I can say is that I bought a lot of the music press at the time that was released, and I remember it coming out very well. And the response critically was extremely positive. And since personally I thought it was a pile of steaming poo, I'd have no reason to make that up!

All I can say is that I bought a lot of the music press at the time that was released, and I remember it coming out very well. And the response critically was extremely positive. And since personally I thought it was a pile of steaming poo, I'd have no reason to make that up!

Must say that my recollection is that it didn't get a particularly favourable response in general but I liked it.

Must say that my recollection is that it didn't get a particularly favourable response in general but I liked it.

Fair enough. Guess it depends what we read. I remember Q loving it, I remember Melody Maker loving it. NME probably hated it, but then they hated anyone over the age of 20 back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.