Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Might be slightly off topic ... but hey ho.

I missed a 7-0 home game for this gig. I had wanted to see The Dream Syndicate since 1984. With half the Rain Parade supporting, and the addition of a Bangle (Vicki Peterson) on lead guitar, it was worth it!

Superb night.
DS1.jpg

Early days I know but the early front runner for my album of the year.
Prog metal I suppose a cross between Dream Theater ( like many I know) with Styx especially the vocals very Dennis de Young not so common.
Ice Age. Waves of loss and power

Dream Theater clones to be exact.
I also get the De Young vibes in the Vocals.
Thanks for sharing BP

For Yes fans.
Always thought the Open Your Eyes album has been unfairly panned by Fans.
Ok it’s not a classic and the quality does sharply decline in the second half.
I think a lot of fans don’t see it as a proper album because of the heavy Sherwood influence and it’s close proximity to the Keys releases.
The first five tracks are great especially OYE and Fortune Seller.

The Voice.
Up there with Perry’s greatest ever tracks and a fabulous solo from Neal.
Not sure how many decades it’s been since he last set foot in the UK to play live, but it’s one of my biggest concert regrets never seeing him live. I saw the re-booted band with the new singer who did a respectable job, but Perry would’ve been off the scale.
Still get shivers every time I listen to/watch this.

The Voice.
Up there with Perry’s greatest ever tracks and a fabulous solo from Neal.
Not sure how many decades it’s been since he last set foot in the UK to play live, but it’s one of my biggest concert regrets never seeing him live. I saw the re-booted band with the new singer who did a respectable job, but Perry would’ve been off the scale.
Still get shivers every time I listen to/watch this.

I saw them supporting the Pat Travers Band in about 1977 at the Apollo. Wasn't familiar with them then, and didn't make slightest impression on me at the time. Unsure if he has ever returned to the UK since?

I next heard their then just released Escape album at an after UMIST house party, and it blew me away. I became a fan from then on.
Saw them a few times with Perry's replacement Steve Augeri, in the US and here, he was a great replacement for me. (I already loved his voice from his earlier band Tall Stories) Really nice guy too. Arrival with him singing is only behind Escape for their best work imho.

That $chon/Cain couldn't give Augeri time to sort his throat problems, and ditched him to bring in what for me was the dreadful replacement in Jeff Scott Soto, just to keep the tour going was a glimpse of the circus they have become.

Perry's voice on this video is sublime. And his recent solo album shows he can still do it (in the studio at least) but it's severely lacking in decent songs.
I have Augeri's about to be released album on order and looking forward to hearing it.

Last edited:
I saw them supporting the Pat Travers Band in about 1977 at the Apollo. Wasn't familiar with them then, and didn't make slightest impression on me at the time. Unsure if he has ever returned to the UK since?

I next heard their Escape album at an after UMIST house party, and it blew me away. I became a fan from then on.
Saw them a few times with Perry's replacement Steve Augeri, in the US and here, he was a great replacement for me. (I already loved his voice from his earlier band Tall Stories) Really nice guy too. Arrival with him singing is only behind Escape for their best work imho.

That $chon/Cain couldn't give Augeri time to sort his throat problems, and ditched him to bring in what for me was the dreadful replacement in Jeff Scott Soto, just to keep the tour going was a glimpse of the circus they have become.

Perry's voice on this video is sublime. And his recent solo album shows he can still do it (in the studio at least) but it's severely lacking in decent songs.
I have Augeri's about to be released album on order and looking forward to hearing it.
Arnel Pineda did a decent job too I think.
Yeah, I think Perry’s attitude to touring has been lukewarm at best for many decades hasn’t it? The motivation just doesn’t seem to be there.

I next heard their then just released Escape album at an after UMIST house party, and it blew me away. I became a fan from then on.

I saw Journey headline with Perry on vocals at the Apollo. Think it was about 1979. Don’t believe Perry has been back since because I‘m sure I’d have gone to see them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.