Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Arnel Pineda did a decent job too I think.
Yeah, I think Perry’s attitude to touring has been lukewarm at best for many decades hasn’t it? The motivation just doesn’t seem to be there.
Pineda is ok. Seen them twice with him; including last summer in Vegas - they just happened to be there when we stopped off there for a couple of nights.

Vocally, they were at their best with Perry and Rolie in the band.

Pineda is ok. Seen them twice with him; including last summer in Vegas - they just happened to be there when we stopped off there for a couple of nights.

Vocally, they were at their best with Perry and Rolie in the band.
Not a fan of Pineda, seems to lack any personality to me, especially live.They were great with Augeri, also saw them with Jeff Scott Soto ,who was excellent and brougght hi own personality and energy to Journey would have liked to have heard an album with him. Think that strong personality is why Schon got rid though and brought Pineda in.
I alway thought though the best Perry replacement was sat behind the drums, Castronava would be great and I really like the Revolution Saints albums.

For Yes fans.
Always thought the Open Your Eyes album has been unfairly panned by Fans.
Ok it’s not a classic and the quality does sharply decline in the second half.
I think a lot of fans don’t see it as a proper album because of the heavy Sherwood influence and it’s close proximity to the Keys releases.
The first five tracks are great especially OYE and Fortune Seller.

I remember the tour for this album in 1998 being truly excellent. A great set list and the fans were really up for it. The only downside was there was no Manchester gig so I had to go to Liverpool instead to see them....

The new Yes album is available in May “Mirror to the Sky”.
Two singles released to date are “Cut from the Stars” and “All Connected”.
The first is a decent cut held together by Sherwood bass runs.Plenty of twists and turns to keep the listener interested.
All Connected is a rather aimless track that goes nowhere. Davison makes a mess of the lyrics with some very tired and uninspired steel guitar from Howe. Downes is almost non existent.

Just added this to the gigs thread p16 - Steve Rothery playing 2 nights b2b in Manchester in June - loads of Fish era songs and full plays of Misplaced and Clutching.
It’s a must.

Has anyone bought the new Yes album “Mirror to the Sky” yet ?
I’ve listened to bits on YouTube but first time ever I am struggling to get enthused to buy it after the last two awful albums.

Has anyone bought the new Yes album “Mirror to the Sky” yet ?
I’ve listened to bits on YouTube but first time ever I am struggling to get enthused to buy it after the last two awful albums.
Is it just Howe left in the current line up, with the ‘relatively new’ Downes on keys?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.