Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

It's a fun listen but don't thinks it's nearly as good as Detroit Stories from 2 years ago.

Only played it once so far but for impression would be that you are correct. "Detroit Stories" was really good and I played it a lot; not many albums get heavy rotation these days as I just don't have the time to do that.

The fact that Cooper and Ezrin are still delivering such decent albums 50 years after they started working together is quite remarkable.

Thanks for this @OB1 im really looking forward to buying it.
Heard two tracks so far and agree on the Yes releases.

For me there's a bit of a dip in the middle; not that any of the material is poor just not as much to my taste.

I've been a fan of Rabin since his first release in this country. May have mentioned before but I went to see Steve Hillage in concert because the support was Trevor Rabin. Quite like Hillage mind, got a few cds of his.

Only played it once so far but for impression would be that you are correct. "Detroit Stories" was really good and I played it a lot; not many albums get heavy rotation these days as I just don't have the time to do that.

The fact that Cooper and Ezrin are still delivering such decent albums 50 years after they started working together is quite remarkable.
Yes, but thre's a fair few 'legacy' bands releaseing really good albums at the back end of their careers the last 10 years or so..Just this year Uriah Heep, Winger, Tygers of Pan Tang,Alcatrazz. Last year Magnum,Saxon,Scorpions,MSG.Megadeth,Queensryche.Already looking forward to next year with Magnum and Priest expected.

Last edited:
Yes, but thre's a fair few 'legacy' bands releaseing really good albums at the back end of their careers the last 10 years or so..Just this year Uriah Heep, Winger, Tygers of Pan Tang,Alcatrazz. Last year Magnum,Saxon,Scorpions,MSG.Megadeth,Queensryche.Already looking forward to next year with Magnum and Priest expected.
Just did my 3 monthly read of this thread.
Magnum, saw them loads mid/late 80s. Bob Catley had (still has?) a great voice.
One of the few times I've left a City game early (yeh, I know that's the norm for quite a few of our fans now!) was during the 2nd half of a league Cup game v Southend at Maine Road in the 80s to see Magnum at the Apollo.
Loved 'On a Storyteller's Night', great album cover too, the artist was called Rodney Matthews I believe?

Just did my 3 monthly read of this thread.
Magnum, saw them loads mid/late 80s. Bob Catley had (still has?) a great voice.
One of the few times I've left a City game early (yeh, I know that's the norm for quite a few of our fans now!) was during the 2nd half of a league Cup game v Southend at Maine Road in the 80s to see Magnum at the Apollo.
Loved 'On a Storyteller's Night', great album cover too, the artist was called Rodney Matthews I believe?
Yes Rodney Mathews, Magnum have released a string of excellent albums over the last 10 years or so last years Monster Roars was one and they have another out next year. Will be going to see them in the spring.Bob Catley still has a great voice just a little more gravelly.

Yes Rodney Mathews, Magnum have released a string of excellent albums over the last 10 years or so last years Monster Roars was one and they have another out next year. Will be going to see them in the spring.Bob Catley still has a great voice just a little more gravelly.

I came late to the party with Magnum, last 6 or 7 albums have been quality.

Not played it much but it hasn't grabbed me like many other Magnum albums do. I didn't buy much after their first three releases on vinyl "Storyteller" apart but added quite a lot since Covid started.

Got the Heep, Saxon & Scorps.

Interesting to know you rate the others; although not sure I could bring myself to buy a Tygers album but never say never.

Last edited:
Got the Heep, Saxon & Scorps.

Interesting to knowyou rate the others; altough not sure I could bring myself to buy a Tygers album but never say never.
Think the Queensryche Digital noise alliace is the best of the lot, if you like Queensryche not quite Mindcrime but very good.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.