Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Only just listened to the 'new' Heep, after lots of end of year praises, probably one of the best ever new releases by a 50+ year old band

I saw them on their 50th Anniversary tour in 2022 (delayed due to Covid) at the Bridgewater Hall. Firstly they did a great video presentation of people from across the rock world (and beyond) wishing them well. Then they did a semi acoustic set, before a full on set to follow.

I hadn't seen them since they had John Lawton singing, and went with mate not expecting too much, but feck me, they were fantastic. More energy than a band half their age should have. Obviously skilled musicians and performers, and it was likely the best gig I saw that year.

That they can still put out albums of the standard of Chaos and Colour is fantastic.

I saw them on their 50th Anniversary tour in 2022 (delayed due to Covid) at the Bridgewater Hall. Firstly they did a great video presentation of people from across the rock world (and beyond) wishing them well. Then they did a semi acoustic set, before a full on set to follow.

I hadn't seen them since they had John Lawton singing, and went with mate not expecting too much, but feck me, they were fantastic. More energy than a band half their age should have. Obviously skilled musicians and performers, and it was likely the best gig I saw that year.

That they can still put out albums of the standard of Chaos and Colour is fantastic.

I regret not going to see them on the tour you refer to. One of the guys I go to gigs with in London saw them and raves about how good it was.

Last time I saw them was with Lawton. I was due to see them several years ago but had to miss it in the end - not sure why.

I regret not going to see them on the tour you refer to. One of the guys I go to gigs with in London saw them and raves about how good it was.

Last time I saw them was with Lawton. I was due to see them several years ago but had to miss it in the end - not sure why.

A mate of mine was guitarist in several bands, one of which got the support slot with Heep all over Europe in the late 80's (possibly early 90s) He always banged on about just how cool and helpful they were to his band. Mick Box especially really took them under his wing and gave great advice, and was just an all round top bloke.

Going seeing a Rush tribute in a few weeks with my dad.

Never really done much of their stuff beyond 2112 and Farewell to Kings so just the 19 albums to catch up on.

Cancelled the tour a few weeks ago because of a back problem they were talking about working around ,this is a big shock.
Yes, I now recall seeing his social media post announcement about that, but reading it I had no idea things were so serious.
Really sad news that.
I only ever saw them once, at the Apollo with Kingdom Come as support iirc, but always enjoyed their music.
RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.