Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Just discovered the Steve Albini "In Color" sessions on YouTube. Brilliant.

He does a really good job on them doesn't he? In Color was the first album of theirs I heard, and it'll always be special, but it was weak production wise. Just a shame the Albini version never got a proper release. I did get a copy some years ago, and still play it often.

Similarly, Robin Zander's second solo album, 'Countryside Boulevard' was released for just a day before being recalled, and then never saw light of day again.

He does a really good job on them doesn't he? In Color was the first album of theirs I heard, and it'll always be special, but it was weak production wise. Just a shame the Albini version never got a proper release. I did get a copy some years ago, and still play it often.

Similarly, Robin Zander's second solo album, 'Countryside Boulevard' was released for just a day before being recalled, and then never saw light of day again.

Wasn’t aware of the Albini version. Will have to check that out at some point. Deffo a weakness of In Color is the production.

Have seen this being discussed on a Rock forum I go on today. A very clever and accurate 'copy' (is that the right term for it even?)

But beyond most all being impressed by it, and the thought of further such like with other bands came up with many ideas, the thought of where this could go once the marketing bastids get their grubby mitts on it?
Bands around now (I'll not name names) where we have all seen their singers struggle through their age etc ... what's to stop them using this technology to use recordings from their past to implement on new material?

Once this was in regular use, how would we know what we was hearing as 'new' was far from it?

Would people care? Or would it be a slippery slope for an already ailing industry?

Have seen this being discussed on a Rock forum I go on today. A very clever and accurate 'copy' (is that the right term for it even?)

But beyond most all being impressed by it, and the thought of further such like with other bands came up with many ideas, the thought of where this could go once the marketing bastids get their grubby mitts on it?
Bands around now (I'll not name names) where we have all seen their singers struggle through their age etc ... what's to stop them using this technology to use recordings from their past to implement on new material?

Once this was in regular use, how would we know what we was hearing as 'new' was far from it?

Would people care? Or would it be a slippery slope for an already ailing industry?

I think it's used now the last Ozzy album I'm sure used some sort of AI, though to me it didn't sound right,maybe because we all know he can't sing now so I knew it wasn't right. Don't know that anyone can ever know how much anyone is using it going forward. Is that much different to studio tricks, auto tuning now some singers use,maybe.It will be up to the listner in the end to decide if knowing it's being used spoils an album they might otherwise like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.