Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

All the best bands from my time are turfing it in, it is what it is, I suppose with the vast majority of original members of said rock groups being probably 10-15 years older than me it's no real surprise.

The one time I got chance to see them I was so underwhelmed by the sheer ‘going-through-the-motions-ness’ of it all, as well as the brevity of the set.

However, I have to say that I respect this, and think it’s a classy way to bow out.

Seen them several times and how good they were did vary a bit, never quite as good as one would have hoped TBF. However last time I saw them (at Hyde Park) was very good and the contrast between them and the bands I’d watched around the same time on TV @ Glastonbury was huge. Aerosmith were rocks stars.

Saw Steven Tyler more recently and that was a really good gig.

There’s a lovely tweet from Kevin Cronin about Reo supporting Aerosmith on their way up and how well The ‘Smiths treated them.

All the best bands from my time are turfing it in, it is what it is, I suppose with the vast majority of original members of said rock groups being probably 10-15 years older than me it's no real surprise.
I just wish the Steve Howe Band aka Yes would turf it in. Controversial I know but tarnishing a great legacy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.