Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

I've only started listening recently, liking Yes Album, Close to the edge, but think Fragile is best. Liked Drama too but didn't enjoy either Topographic Oceans far too self indulgent, nor Relayer. Tried a couple of the recent ones bust wasn't keen either.
My favourite band ever. Going for the One is my top album followed by Fragile and Relayer.
The Gates of Delirium is an epic.

Classic rock, eh? How do we define this? Is 40+ year-old U2 "classic rock"? Is Van Halen? Journey? Dire Straits? Genesis after Duke?

So many questions!

Oh mate, all of those and more. In particular, I love the Classic Rock radio stations you have in the States. Whenever we holiday there, the hire car radio has to be on and tuned in to whatever the local CR station is. One of my favourite games then is to see how long it is before they play a track I don't have in my collection and if they do, and I like it, I regularly buy an album that features it.

Thank you OB1
I’ll definitely be a regular contributor.
And for you Bill - did you know Yes have released the following track from new album”The Quest”. It sounds better than anything on the woeful Heaven and Earth.

It's already on my Amazon wish list. 50 seconds of that clip means I'll hit the pre-order button.

Yes are my favourite Prog band, I even have Heaven & Earth.

Interesting definition there Bill. I’ve never got into Purple but do appreciate their music.
Jon Lord was a classically trained pianist I believe and he brought such texture to the sound.
Great Vocals with Gillan too.
I did watch a documentary on Sky recently about the making of a recent album and enjoyed that.

I'm a massive Purple fan; not least because Mr Blackmore is my favourite guitarist.

I don't have all the Purple albums released with Morse but the last two are really good imo. Both are produced by Bob Ezrin who is quite simply one of the great rock music producers.

Ezrin is back working with Alice Cooper and their latest collaboration Detroit Stories is highly recommended.

My favourite band ever. Going for the One is my top album followed by Fragile and Relayer.
The Gates of Delirium is an epic.

The Yes Album is my favourite; controversially, perhaps, 90125 would be second.

Close to the Edge, Fragile and Going for the One are all closer to the heart than others.

And then there is Yessongs, which was what got me into them in the first place and is so beloved that I had to have Progeny, which features the seven full concerts that they culled Yessongs from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.