Clattenberg Bottled It

FromPollockToSilva said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Nothing we can do. Had we beat Arsenal like we should have done it wouldn't have mattered.

Interesting that you see Arsenal away (our third hardest game of the season, in theory) as the problem, and not any of the away points dropped at Cardiff, Villa, Norwich, Southampton, Sunderland...

I do see them as the problem but they are in the distant past. We were on a run of 15/2/1 when we played an Arsenal side who had just been hammered by Chelsea and were missing 3/4 of their main players. We had them by the throat first half and for some reason let them off the hook. At 1-1 Pellegrini then made very negative substitutions when going for it would have been much better.

Those losses earlier in the season will ultimately be our undoing. Losing against two relegation sides and a shit Villa side really shouldn't happen to a side winning the title.

Sunderland, Villa, Cardiff, Stoke, Norwich, Southampton......3 points out of 18. Poor!

FromPollockToSilva said:
Nothing we can do. Had we beat Arsenal like we should have done it wouldn't have mattered.

Interesting that you see Arsenal away (our third hardest game of the season, in theory) as the problem, and not any of the away points dropped at Cardiff, Villa, Norwich, Southampton, Sunderland...

I do see them as the problem but they are in the distant past. We were on a run of 15/2/1 when we played an Arsenal side who had just been hammered by Chelsea and were missing 3/4 of their main players. We had them by the throat first half and for some reason let them off the hook. At 1-1 Pellegrini then made very negative substitutions when going for it would have been much better.

Those losses earlier in the season will ultimately be our undoing. Losing against two relegation sides and a shit Villa side really shouldn't happen to a side winning the title.

Sunderland, Villa, Cardiff, Stoke, Norwich, Southampton......3 points out of 18. Poor!
yep the Arsenal game still pisses me off, we played like a team with nothing to play for. Won that and we would have had one hand on the trophy.

the blue panther said:
citykev28 said:
DTKOAG said:
I thought he did ok to be honest.

Do you not think that Suarez dived?

He should have been booked for diving, then given an extra 25 match ban for pretending to be injured after he'd flung himself to the ground. Mind you, MOTD reckoned it wasn't a dive!

I've spoken to three people in work about the game and two of them didn't think it was either....bizarre. One is a rag the other a Burnley fan.

That was the big mistake for me. Dzeko made a complete dogs bollocks of making that penalty easy to give and no one in the ground saw the other.

greasedupdeafguy said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

yep the Arsenal game still pisses me off, we played like a team with nothing to play for. Won that and we would have had one hand on the trophy.

This thread is about the fucking buffoon of a referee at Anfield on Sunday. The thread called "Biggest disappointment of the season" is where you want to be.

the blue panther said:
citykev28 said:
DTKOAG said:
I thought he did ok to be honest.

Do you not think that Suarez dived?

He should have been booked for diving, then given an extra 25 match ban for pretending to be injured after he'd flung himself to the ground. Mind you, MOTD reckoned it wasn't a dive!

If it wasn't a dive then why did the cheat not award a freekick, that point seemed to be brushed over by MOTD.

We sound like Liverpool whinging about the goal on Boxing day for months on end.

TBH I thought he did ok. I don't think the Suarez incident was not a 100% clear dive from his perspective, and he has to be 100% sure before he can book him. He had a split second to make his mind up and decided against giving it. I think reasonably fair. I think not sending him off actually did us a favour in the game (suspended for Norwich, obviously not) as Liverpool would likely have retreated, packed the defence and I think we would have struggled to break them down. Like what happened when they scored there third, we didn't have a single chance from that moment on. Whereas at 2-2 we looked like scoring at will. (arrgh Aguro simple pass to Silva for god's sake)

The Dzeko penalty to me equates to Vinny's push.. both very soft if given. The handball was a pen but from the ref's position I don't think he could have seen it. I certainly didn't see it live, only in super slow mo.

I was gutted by the way and have just about stopped thinking about it all. Check out the 'happy thread' - it cheered me up anyway!

FromPollockToSilva said:

Absolutely spot on.

I've been in the company of some Burnley fans tonight at a social function, and I've told them if we play them at Turf Moor in the first 6 games of next season they will beat us.

This happens year after year and I don't know why.

We have lost away at Sunderland for the last 4 seasons in the League.

Our Chairman says that "Typical City" no longer exists, well can some more informed fan than me please tell me why?

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Our Chairman says that "Typical City" no longer exists, well can some more informed fan than me please tell me why?

There's still a mental weakness in our team that baffles me. We have loads of 27 to 31 year old players in their primes, who come across as rock solid professionals. Yet go to a ground with strong home support and a fired up team and year after year, we drop more points than is normal (there will ALWAYS be the 'underdog beats big club' results, but we seem to suffer more of these than most top teams in Europe's best leagues, while having decent results against actual quality sides).

The yearly dropped points away at Sunderland, Stoke, Everton (to be fair they're very good now but haven't always been in recent years), and similar are maddening... absolutely maddening. Groundhog day stuff. Every season you can see it coming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.