Clattenberg Bottled It

greasedupdeafguy said:
Meh you win some and you lose some. Liverpool had a perfectly good goal disallowed at our place and so did Arsenal.

By my reckoning we would still have beat Arsenal 6-4 so 3 points to us still.

Liverpool at home would have been a draw so 2 points less to us and one more to Liverpool

At Liverpool if Twatenburg had done his job we would have had 3 points and none to Liverpool.

Liverpool would in fact be two points down on their current total and us one point up

So some you win some you lose looks different

greasedupdeafguy said:
squirtyflower said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Meh you win some and you lose some. Liverpool had a perfectly good goal disallowed at our place and so did Arsenal.
i beg to differ
exactly which goal did Liverpool score that was incorrectly flagged offside?
My post was wrong they didn't have a goal disallowed but a one on one which was wrongly called offside

One of several blatantly wrong decisions made during the game. Only one (sometimes two) ever gets talked about.

Manc in London said:
I would think every other Premier League referee would have bottled it on Sunday.

If that is the case then they should not be a referee, they take the job on, they learn the rules, they take the money and the prestige so do the job correctly.

I can take a mistake or two but blatant disregard for the rules of the game is a disgrace.

How many on here as soon as they heard who the ref was knew that it was going to be difficult on Sunday, that should never happen. The ref should ref the game and that is all but they do not any more. They actually decide who win trophies, are relegated etc.

It has to be sorted.

mayo31 said:
Manc in London said:
I would think every other Premier League referee would have bottled it on Sunday.

If that is the case then they should not be a referee, they take the job on, they learn the rules, they take the money and the prestige so do the job correctly.

I can take a mistake or two but blatant disregard for the rules of the game is a disgrace.

How many on here as soon as they heard who the ref was knew that it was going to be difficult on Sunday, that should never happen. The ref should ref the game and that is all but they do not any more. They actually decide who win trophies, are relegated etc.

It has to be sorted.

Yes, I was gutted when I heard it was Clattenburg but the bigger issue is, how many refs would not have made me worried? There's Dean who I would have been very happy with and then maybe one or two who I would have been ambivalent about. The rest are shit. Clattenburg is one of the worst for me though because he is one of the few who I don't worry about merely because he is incompetent but more because I think he's a dodgy fucker who has other agendas.

Lancet Fluke said:
mayo31 said:
Manc in London said:

It has to be sorted.

Yes, I was gutted when I heard it was Clattenburg but the bigger issue is, how many refs would not have made me worried? There's Dean who I would have been very happy with and then maybe one or two who I would have been ambivalent about. The rest are shit. Clattenburg is one of the worst for me though because he is one of the few who I don't worry about merely because he is incompetent but more because I think he's a dodgy fucker who has other agendas.

Crappenberg didn't bottle the game. My dictionary defines bottle as follows: courage, courageousness, bravery, valour, intrepidity, boldness, nerve, confidence, daring, audacity, pluck, pluckiness, spirit, mettle, spine, backbone, steel, fibre, stout-heartedness; informal guts, gutsiness, spunk, grit, gumption, gameness; Brit. informal ballsiness. He just displayed one of the most blatant examples of un-evenhandedness we are likely to see this season.

mayo31 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Liverpool at home would have been a draw so 2 points less to us and one more to Liverpool

At Liverpool if Twatenburg had done his job we would have had 3 points and none to Liverpool.

Liverpool would in fact be two points down on their current total and us one point up

I'm just of the opinion that decisions even themselves over time and the best team will always win the league. You could look at the Newcastle game where Tiotes goal probably should have stood. Or even just last week Silva was clearly offside for our 2nd goal against southampton.

Marvin said:
Do't you think the managers and players make refereeing extremely difficult?

Clattenberg made mistakes. But we got the benefit of those mistakes in the game at City.

The bigger point is that a player like Suarez cheats week after week and gets away with it. Can refs send him off in big games when they have to be certain he dived?

And then you have the Liverpool dominated MOTD trying to cover up for Suarez when he dives. His play-acting should not be accepted and it should be dealt with by the FA Disciplinary committee. You can't expect refs to do this. It's too difficult.
I as a referee know from experience that managers, players and fans make refereeing extremely difficult almost impossible, Clattenburg although he needs to ref the game to the best f his ability he also needs to keep himself safe and honestly sending off suarez for diving would go down in the media like a pork pie at a jewish wedding since they seem to love liverpool at the moment, and he would probably get dropped for a few weeks because his face would be slapped all over the media who would be out to crusify him.
I have a friend who is one of the premier league referees and he has explained to me how it works. Clattenburg isnt bent he is a human who probably did bottle sending of tsuarez

greasedupdeafguy said:
mayo31 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I'm just of the opinion that decisions even themselves over time and the best team will always win the league. You could look at the Newcastle game where Tiotes goal probably should have stood. Or even just last week Silva was clearly offside for our 2nd goal against southampton.

The Tiotes goal should have counted but it made them play out of their skins with the injustice and they also should have been down to 9 men 2nd half but again the ref bottled it. Also we had a good goal wrongly rules out v Newcastle at home this season. Silva one v Southampton was wrong but we still won by a margin

Decisions like offsides and penalty claims annoy me but they are split second decisions for refs to make and it's a fucking hard job to do.

When referees actually see something that has clearly happened, speak to the player and then fail to implement the rules, that's what I can't be doing with. I'd love to know what was said to Fellaini after his elbow on Zabba. Why was he booked? I'd also like to hear why, despite a free kick not being awarded, Suarez wasn't booked on Sunday and therefore sent off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.