Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look the Bravo thread is active again, wonder if something interesting has happened.....Nope, just the same few people slagging him off while a much broader demographic point out how ridiculous they're being.

Perhaps I'll look in again in a week.

Bravo has had a poor first season. From what I've seen of him, this seems down to a lack of confidence compounding the existing problems within his game. However, it would also be foolish to suggest he's a bad goalkeeper.

His position is a bit of a rarity in that more than any other, mistakes are highlighted and cost the team. Perhaps more than any other position, lack of confidence affects the players in front of you. Lack of confidence breeds lack of confidence and affects decision making. Having had Joe in the team for so long we've seen this go both ways.

As has been rightly pointed out there could be/are a number of different reasons why this could be beyond his performances for City this year. Most importantly, it's his first year in England it takes time to adapt for everyone but a select few (Aguero, Kompany etc.).

There's no question he's been brought in to play a designated tactical role within the team. In my mind, he's ahead of Willy in this respect. However, he doesn't seem to have the inner confidence someone like Neuer has.

Bearing all this in mind, it seems stupid to write him off. Given time, man management, a few good performances we might well see a much needed boost to his confidence. It's also counter-intuitive to be linked with keepers like Jordan Pickford as a replacement. Besides being young and English, he seems to be the opposite of what Pep is looking for.

It seems to me that if he has the resolve to stay and fight for his place, he has the capacity to be the goalkeeper we need. Every goalkeeper we have will go through this to some extent it's inevitable. The important factor seems to be the level of goalkeeper we want behind the current form.

For me, it's a level above Bravo. More importantly, for Pep he's willing to have an unspectacular goalkeeper who has outfield abilities. So it at least makes sense to play him, take the rough with the smooth, and see if there is an improvement overall. If not, the tactics need tweaking.

Ok. Last effort for what it's worth. Two statements by Pep when being a City manager:
1- players need to adept to Bravo, not the other way round.
2- fasten your seatbelt.

Now what exactly do the Anti Bravo Brigade (ABB) think he ment by that? And yes, it is all related to Bravo obviously.

Fuck all. Not that you'd know it.

It would be reasonable to say he did nothing wrong. But it could be argued that a keepers job isn't about what they don't do but what they do do. Eg there was one world class save on Sunday and it prevented us from winning the game

It would be reasonable to say he did nothing wrong. But it could be argued that a keepers job isn't about what they don't do but what they do do. Eg there was one world class save on Sunday and it prevented us from winning the game

So that's justification to have a go at Bravo again? Really?

What did you make of how slow Cech was to react to Aguero's heavy touch when one on one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.