Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. He's Chilean ffs! You can't tell me the Premier League is any more physical than South American football.

More headless chickens perhaps but the physicality isn't an issue. We see it time after time; will Silva be able to adapt to the physicality? Is Fernandinho too small to play a defensive role? Would Messi do it against Stoke?

As Pep recently said, across the world it's 11 vs 11 and it's still the same sport. The English exceptionalism about physicality and pace is bizarre and perhaps goes some way to explain why English football has falling behind others for some time.

Yep, I've got no worries about Bravo at all and ive watched a bit of Chilean football and it's just like most of South America, fast paced and brutal, literally fouls every minute, loads of cards, very hostile. They may not be all billy big bollocks waving their dicks in the air chanting rule Britannia but they don't hold back.

I think most fans want to see our players treated fairly and with respect. I suspect Hart is so frustrated because after 10 years he doesn't feel he is really being given sufficient chance to change and prove himself?
Fans understand Pep wants to play a certain way, and Hart hasn't shown that ability yet but if you're in any job and not performing, a good employer would give you a reasonable chance to put it right? Maybe Hart can't change but he deserves a proper chance.

If Pep is 100% convinced that Joe is not the right keeper for City's future, why exactly and for how long should Joe get a 'proper chance'?
And what if Pep said Joe already has had this 'proper chance' for months or even years and didn't use it properly?

Why do Yaya, Nasri, Bony, Mangala or Denayer not earn the same 'proper chance'? Are they 2nd tier humans?

Get over it, mate. Pep has to decide and he will. He will fight for any single spot in his squad list to have a perfect fit, asap. He wants to implement a winning attitude in a mixed multi-cultural bunch of individuals. And it seems after yesterday he is fuckin well on track.

No, but the Premier League has a distinct style that differs to La Liga. I'm sure Bravo could handle it, but nevertheless there is a diifference.

Bravo is a goalkeeper. The only stylistic difference is that he is expected to retain possession when possible which will not be any more problematic than it is for him at Barcelona given that we're so obviously setting up to create more options for distribution.

In terms of physical challenges? He's faced players like Costa and Pepe on plenty of occasions, it's not going to be a big learning curve for him.

I have no worries because I trust Pep to make the decisions, and will continue to trust him until I see clear and sustained evidence to the contrary. I don't know why there is even a debate after watching Barca and Bayern for the last n years under Pep and then what he has done for us in close season and the last two games. His methods require to build from the back. Thats the only way he can guarantee possession. That doesn't come naturally to Joe or Willie but evidence shows that Willie has made much more effort to learn and to follow instruction. Joe's half against Arsenal showed a lack of effort to comply with what Pep wishes. Is Willie good enough? Probably not so we will buy a keeper like Bravo and Joe will leave with all of or best wishes for what he has contributed over the last 10 years. He has done nothing wrong and is a great keeper. He just doesn't suite the way we play now.

Bravo is a goalkeeper. The only stylistic difference is that he is expected to retain possession when possible which will not be any more problematic than it is for him at Barcelona given that we're so obviously setting up to create more options for distribution.

In terms of physical challenges? He's faced players like Costa and Pepe on plenty of occasions, it's not going to be a big learning curve for him.
I am not referring to little digs and sneaky fouls, I am talking about a skill which is much more important for keepers in England than Spain namely dealing with crosses under pressure. He probably can deal with it. Premiership football has evolved but there are differences.

I have been one of the people against the bravo signing purely as he is a short term solution and the money involved in the deal. But make no mistake he is a top quality keeper but also has a great passing range. In my opinion he us very solid at commanding his area despite is small stature. Pep entends for us to dominate our opponents and pass them into making frustrated mistakes and it looks like we need a keeper comfortable on the ball to do that. Bravo is an extremely confident goalkeeper, he wont be shaken by a mistake and he wont shy away like de gea did he will accept, learn from it and move on. Peps first concern is possession they cant score if the dont have the ball, every long ball is a 50/50 cut them out and you reduce their opportunities to score.

If Pep is 100% convinced that Joe is not the right keeper for City's future, why exactly and for how long should Joe get a 'proper chance'?
And what if Pep said Joe already has had this 'proper chance' for months or even years and didn't use it properly?

Why do Yaya, Nasri, Bony, Mangala or Denayer not earn the same 'proper chance'? Are they 2nd tier humans?

Get over it, mate. Pep has to decide and he will. He will fight for any single spot in his squad list to have a perfect fit, asap. He wants to implement a winning attitude in a mixed multi-cultural bunch of individuals. And it seems after yesterday he is fuckin well on track.
I am 100% behind Pep on this one. While I do have some sympathy for Joe as he has served the club well the manager clearly deems him to be unsuitable for the role he envisages our keeper to play. He may also have formed the opinion that Joe is not a suitable candidate for some kind of a sweeper keeper crash course and decided that it is in the best interests of all concerned that he should move on. It may also be the case that the ego factor may be interacting here and Pep could be of the opinion that Joe could be a disruptive influence. At the end of the day Both City and Joe have mutually benefited from the last 10 years but in this instance the boss clearly feels that it is in the clubs best interests that there should be a parting of the ways. The bottom line is that Pep can not afford to be a sentlementalist a luxury which us fans can afford to indulge in.The manager may or may not be proved right on this matter and time will tell.

I have been one of the people against the bravo signing purely as he is a short term solution and the money involved in the deal. But make no mistake he is a top quality keeper but also has a great passing range. In my opinion he us very solid at commanding his area despite is small stature. Pep entends for us to dominate our opponents and pass them into making frustrated mistakes and it looks like we need a keeper comfortable on the ball to do that. Bravo is an extremely confident goalkeeper, he wont be shaken by a mistake and he wont shy away like de gea did he will accept, learn from it and move on. Peps first concern is possession they cant score if the dont have the ball, every long ball is a 50/50 cut them out and you reduce their opportunities to score.
It may well be a short term signing bringing in Bravo but its clearly apparent after last nights performance that Willy is not the answer and we need a suitable replacement before the window closes.
This sweeper keeper - passing keeper style of goalkeeper is vital to Peps tactical play.

Great though it was to tear apart Steaua Bucharest, I have seen better defensive performances from Championship teams, they were awful.

Willy's distribution was not good. He was trying to pass short but he misplaced a number of passes. Personally I think Hart would have distributed better than that and is a better Keeper than Willy.

It's doesn't seem fair to say "Hart has had a chance for months or even years but didn't take it" when neither Hart nor Willy have been playing the "Pep way" for that time. The whole defence needs to be organised and prepared to play that way and until Pep arrived that was not in place.

I think all players should be given a reasonable chance to prove themselves if they can adopt to his playing style. I think players who have shown exemplary performance and commitment to the club over many years, (like Hart), should get more leeway.

I acknowledge Pep will carry out continual assessments of players and his decision will be final, but I want the players who leave to feel as though they have been treated fairly and been given a chance.

I am 100% behind Pep on this one. While I do have some sympathy for Joe as he has served the club well the manager clearly deems him to be unsuitable for the role he envisages our keeper to play. He may also have formed the opinion that Joe is not a suitable candidate for some kind of a sweeper keeper crash course and decided that it is in the best interests of all concerned that he should move on. It may also be the case that the ego factor may be interacting here and Pep could be of the opinion that Joe could be a disruptive influence. At the end of the day Both City and Joe have mutually benefited from the last 10 years but in this instance the boss clearly feels that it is in the clubs best interests that there should be a parting of the ways. The bottom line is that Pep can not afford to be a sentlementalist a luxury which us fans can afford to indulge in.The manager may or may not be proved right on this matter and time will tell.

Completely agree. And again I fully respect Joe and will never forget what he has achieved with his team for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.