Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great though it was to tear apart Steaua Bucharest, I have seen better defensive performances from Championship teams, they were awful.

Willy's distribution was not good. He was trying to pass short but he misplaced a number of passes. Personally I think Hart would have distributed better than that and is a better Keeper than Willy.

It's doesn't seem fair to say "Hart has had a chance for months or even years but didn't take it" when neither Hart nor Willy have been playing the "Pep way" for that time. The whole defence needs to be organised and prepared to play that way and until Pep arrived that was not in place.

I think all players should be given a reasonable chance to prove themselves if they can adopt to his playing style. I think players who have shown exemplary performance and commitment to the club over many years, (like Hart), should get more leeway.

I acknowledge Pep will carry out continual assessments of players and his decision will be final, but I want the players who leave to feel as though they have been treated fairly and been given a chance.
I think Joe blew his chance against Arsenal choosing to hoof the ball up field at times rather than play the pass. Make no mistakes Pep will have watched Joe on a number of occasions last season & monitored his distribution.

I acknowledge Pep will carry out continual assessments of players and his decision will be final, but I want the players who leave to feel as though they have been treated fairly and been given a chance.

Agreed. I merely try to see it from Pep's point of view. He is a doer. He has a clear vision. He wants everybody to do exactly his way. The pressure is immense, time is running. Success is the benchmark. But even more important for Pep is being right (which by the way is identical to most of the forum users!!..) with his style of football in the most testing league in the world.

If we agree with his vision we have to accept that he cannot make everybody happy at any time. Maybe Joe is special for City, but Pep has a bigger picture. He HAS to trust his own ideas. A dominant doer must not have doubts. Or at least he must not show those doubts. It is within his personality. That's why he is what he is. And that's why he does attract so many players we wouldn't have seen in sky blue otherwise.

Can't wait to see Bravo. At the same time I hope a packed Etihad will sing a Bluemoon only for Joe that has never been louder before.

Last edited:
+1

The second Hart is sold and Bravo is made No1, I'm ready to move on and fully support this move. Dont get emotional over players. Players come and go. Its the club we support! We went as far as we could with the current squad and within the next 12months, we might see Hart, Bony, Yaya, Fernando, Mangala, Kolarov, Navas, Zab and Nasri move on, so we should get use to this...New manager, new system, new era....."Pep Time" ;)

The way this season has started you may want to take Kolarov off that list. I don't think Pep see's him the same way many of us do.

Agreed. I merely try to see it from Pep's point of view. He is a doer. He has a clear vision. He wants everybody to do exactly his way. The pressure is immense, time is running. Success is the benchmark. But even more important for Pep is being right (which by the way is identical to most of the forum users!!..) with his style of football in the most testing league in the world.

I we agree with his vision we have to accept that he cannot make everybody happy at any time. Maybe Joe is special for City, but Pep has a bigger picture. He HAS to trust his own ideas. A dominant doer must not have doubts. Or at least he must not show those doubts. It is within his personality. That's why he is what he is. And that's why he does attract so many players we wouldn't have seen in sky blue otherwise.

Can't wait to see Bravo. At the same time I hope a packed Etihad will sing a Bluemoon only for Joe that has never been louder before.

Spot on.

The way this season has started you may want to take Kolarov off that list. I don't think Pep see's him the same way many of us do.

Give Pep 4 or 5 games to see Kolarov at LB and he'll soon change his mind!;) Was surprised with how comfortable he looked at CB against Sunderland tho, so maybe a backup role at that position is in his future but even last night, Kolarov showed how much he struggles when he has to defend in space against a winger with pace.

I think most fans want to see our players treated fairly and with respect. I suspect Hart is so frustrated because after 10 years he doesn't feel he is really being given sufficient chance to change and prove himself?
Fans understand Pep wants to play a certain way, and Hart hasn't shown that ability yet but if you're in any job and not performing, a good employer would give you a reasonable chance to put it right? Maybe Hart can't change but he deserves a proper chance.

Gen question to you, what do you consider is being given "sufficient or a proper chance", and do you think we could afford that time?

Great though it was to tear apart Steaua Bucharest, I have seen better defensive performances from Championship teams, they were awful.

Willy's distribution was not good. He was trying to pass short but he misplaced a number of passes. Personally I think Hart would have distributed better than that and is a better Keeper than Willy.

It's doesn't seem fair to say "Hart has had a chance for months or even years but didn't take it" when neither Hart nor Willy have been playing the "Pep way" for that time. The whole defence needs to be organised and prepared to play that way and until Pep arrived that was not in place.

I think all players should be given a reasonable chance to prove themselves if they can adopt to his playing style. I think players who have shown exemplary performance and commitment to the club over many years, (like Hart), should get more leeway.

Another gen question. What if Joe doesn't want to accept peps ways? TBH, having watched his display against Arsenal, that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I'll say this; isn't it going to be exciting seeing a new top class gk play for us? Hart has had his era and will go down a legend, but at the same time this feels like a new changing of the guard and a new era.

If rumours are true, he plays his last game for Barca tonight(2nd leg of Spanish Super Cup) before flying to Manchester tomorrow to sign for us!

Game is on a 10pm tonight Sky Sports 1, if anyone interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.