Climate Change is here and man made

Hi, I'm a masters student at the University of Salford and am writing a dissertation about sustainability and climate change in football. If you are over 18 and would like to help me with this dissertation, could you please answer this short questionnaire at https://salford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/sustainability-in-football The questionnaire is anonymous and easy to complete, I am happy to answer any questions you have about it and this topic.

Are you worried about climate change? Do you think the world is warming at an unprecedented rate? Do you think CO2 is causing global warming?
Well before you opine on these matters, you should watch this podcast featuring Patrick Moore, one of the founders of Greenpiece. He challenges all the received wisdom on this subject.
Just to whet your appetite, he calls Extinction Rebellion an evil cult!

Are you worried about climate change? Do you think the world is warming at an unprecedented rate? Do you think CO2 is causing global warming?
Well before you opine on these matters, you should watch this podcast featuring Patrick Moore, one of the founders of Greenpiece. He challenges all the received wisdom on this subject.

Groups like that ER and the other lot blocking the M25 last week are a poison!

They do the entire cause damage as they alienate the argument as people just look at them as a bunch of idiots who don’t understand how/when/where/who to protest (to), and take the whole limelight away from what should be talked about.

To look at me you’d never think I would be interested in Green issues, 6’4” skinhead… these badly knitted jumper, never wash, never done a day’s work brigades can fuck right off as far as I’m concerned. They give us normal folk who have genuine interests and concerns about this, and the whole cause itself, a bad name.

We need serious people getting behind this, not that bunch of weirdos.

With the 26th meeting grabbing thousands of leaders and their contingent along with the hangers on in Glasgow to discuss the weather and emit more Co2 into the atmosphere than the average person will in their entire life time ( hopefully not in the dark ) stating the same old same old ( note how those who stand to make the most money out of " transition " to " NET ZERO " state that every meeting is more important than the previous and that we already are past the point of no return one thing is certain for Australia and all those countries that currently rely on over 70 per cent of the power generated by burning fossil fuel.

If we don't start building and and operating small nuclear reactors then by 2050 our emissions will still be at todays levels given population growth and immigration levels if not higher the price per kilowatt will be much higher than it otherwise would be and we will have black outs on a regular basis as our standard of living for the average Australian drops.

Whole communities will have to relocate and many support businesses will have to close.

On top of that the only meaningful jobs in electricity generation will be on the punt that more off shore wind turbines won't kill too many birds each year for the conservationists that care about endangered species to stop further builds.

Many geo physicists , geologists , climatologists , chemists / alchemists etc agree with these sentiments.

the age old adage is causation the same as correlation.

Nobody can definitively say how much the climate will warm in the next 50 years if we shut down all our power generation , ceased all forms of transport , stopped all forms of mining, and destroyed all the cows in the world and stopped using fertilizer which is what the extinction mob want for anybody but themselves and that's just for starters or what that actually means for humanity.

The more c02 in the atmosphere the greener the planet gets and the better the soil for food production so its not all a tale of woe and destruction even if you are convinced of that otherwise its in the oceans and we don't talk much about C02 levels in the oceans when we talk about climate change do we.

Science . learning , challenge and a change of overwhelming evidence is all but time orientated.

Remember when we all thought the earth was flat ( maybe the off person still does (LOL)).

Remember when we thought the earth was round.

Remember when we thought the earth was an ellipse

it wasn't that long ago.

Today we know it as an irregular shaped ellipsoid.

What has changed nothing but time if you believe time is a dimension., non spatial and measurable.

I know the carnage that would be caused in Australia for example if we did these things over the next 50 years and I know if we shut down the coal and mining industries , there would be little manufacturing of all those products the extinction mob cannot live without , billions more will stay in poverty particularly in China and India and given we produce 1.2 per cent of man made co2 emitted into the atmosphere it would have zero impact on global temperatures.

Be advised I am all for reducing everyone's CO2 footprint including my own and I have reduced it significantly over the past 40 years not for the saviour of mankind but because its a noble thing to do way below the average decrease in Australia through efficiencies in agriculture , horticulture , energy production and transport that have reduced our C02 per capita since 2005 for example well below what New Zealand and the USA have for example but we have to much smarter than biting the hand off that feeds us to make the zeitgeists happy who no matter what we do will never be content with our transition from fossil fuels to energy production that involves less CO2 generation for example.

Many geo physicists , geologists , climatologists , chemists / alchemists etc agree with these sentiments.

the age old adage is causation the same as correlation.

Nobody can definitively say how much the climate will warm in the next 50 years if we shut down all our power generation , ceased all forms of transport , stopped all forms of mining, and destroyed all the cows in the world and stopped using fertilizer which is what the extinction mob want for anybody but themselves and that's just for starters or what that actually means for humanity.

The more c02 in the atmosphere the greener the planet gets and the better the soil for food production so its not all a tale of woe and destruction even if you are convinced of that otherwise its in the oceans and we don't talk much about C02 levels in the oceans when we talk about climate change do we.

Science . learning , challenge and a change of overwhelming evidence is all but time orientated.

Remember when we all thought the earth was flat ( maybe the off person still does (LOL)).

Remember when we thought the earth was round.

Remember when we thought the earth was an ellipse

it wasn't that long ago.

Today we know it as an irregular shaped ellipsoid.

What has changed nothing but time if you believe time is a dimension., non spatial and measurable.

I know the carnage that would be caused in Australia for example if we did these things over the next 50 years and I know if we shut down the coal and mining industries , there would be little manufacturing of all those products the extinction mob cannot live without , billions more will stay in poverty particularly in China and India and given we produce 1.2 per cent of man made co2 emitted into the atmosphere it would have zero impact on global temperatures.

Be advised I am all for reducing everyone's CO2 footprint including my own and I have reduced it significantly over the past 40 years not for the saviour of mankind but because its a noble thing to do way below the average decrease in Australia through efficiencies in agriculture , horticulture , energy production and transport that have reduced our C02 per capita since 2005 for example well below what New Zealand and the USA have for example but we have to much smarter than biting the hand off that feeds us to make the zeitgeists happy who no matter what we do will never be content with our transition from fossil fuels to energy production that involves less CO2 generation for example.
An interesting light is shed by the BBCs policy on this. Those scientists who agree with Moore in principle are not welcome on the Beeb, because, in the words of the instruction they gave to news and current affairs depts, The majority view is "settled science" !!!
So no Moore, but plenty of Thurnberg.

Last edited:

Enlightening video KS55 , well done for digging this one out and sharing it with us.

No matter where you sit on the climate change debate and yes I believe its a debate worth having that is not closed and never will be this is must viewing on a number of levels that go well beyond the global warming conundrum albeit many don't think of it as a conundrum anymore.

An interesting light is shed by the BBCs policy on this. Those scientists who agree with Moore in principle are not welcome on the Beeb, because, in the words of the instruction they gave to news and current affairs depts, The majority view is "settled science" !!!
This is the case and yes there is a lot of evidence to suggest man has contributed to the current level of of CO2 in the atmosphere and contributed to an increase in ppm than otherwise would be which as mentioned is well below levels of yesteryear and the same science used to demonstrate the increase since 1600 for example is used to demonstrate how much more was in the atmosphere many bluemoons ago.

Sky UK has a daily 30 minute show on climate change and rarely talks about the benefits to the planet and mankind when the average temperature of the planet over a 30 year cycle for example increases.

News reporting as opposed to opinion pieces these days is very much politically motivated far more so than it was in my formative years.

Enlightening video KS55 , well done for digging this one out and sharing it with us.

No matter where you sit on the climate change debate and yes I believe its a debate worth having that is not closed and never will be this is must viewing on a number of levels that go well beyond the global warming conundrum albeit many don't think of it as a conundrum anymore.
There are some other vids on utube featuring Moore.
When he split from Greenpeace he was the only director (of nine I think) who had a science degree and was fed up with the directors persuing an essentially political agenda as opposed to a scientific one.
Climate change is happening and man has undoubtedly contributed to it. But how much? If we get that analysis wrong, our solutions will be wrong. I suspect politics is playing a much bigger part in the response than it should.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.