Club Badge (merged)

Yep, @IanBishopsHaircut is a big fan of changing to the round badge. If he had a choice between GeekInGavs core design or the squashed bird, my bet is he'd probably go for the former.

Not sure about the other two posters views. But if we include those two and you, that's three people. There's probably one or two more on the thread somewhere. So assuming there's 5 hundred people who have posted, and there's 5 who would like the squashed bird inside a circle, I'd say 1% is a pretty fair estimate. :-)

You think 500 people have posted on this thread?

Me neither.

Basically that would be the current badge, minus the stars and Latin and 1894 instead of MCFC on the shield, within the roundel.

Seeing as round badge and no stars are probably the two most popular stances...

The club went through several incarnations before Gorton AFC was established in 1884 and that photo was only identified in 2002 but and its possible (though unlikely) that this isn't Gorton anyway, though I believe it is. What the white cross actually signifies is also unknown. This was not a church team in 1884, but even if it was the cross can have different meanings based on an individual's faith, nationality etc....
they've got some work to do on our Wiki history page Gary!
History
Main article: History of Manchester City F.C.

St. Marks (Gorton) in 1884 – the reason for the Maltese cross is now unknown[5]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.