Club Badge (merged)

The eagle here is quite tolerable, however I think the MCFC within the shield is pointless with Manchester City Football Club on the outside anyway.

I was originally anti-eagle, however done like this within a round badge would be OK.

The badge will be round. That seems to be something everyone is in favour of and fits with the other CFG badges.

Oh and the Eagle will stay, they'll be canvassing fans all over the globe and what do you think they recognise most easily of all the elements on the badge?

I said Eagle, I'd rather leave the badge as is than lose it, we've had that badge since I was 12.

Mie9LlC.png

This one wasn't bad although the Eagle design needs polishing a little bit, it also creates room for the est. date which is important to a lot of blues. Could lose the initials out of the centre though.

Ok, so you think the badge will be round, and the eagle will stay?

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

I'd say less than 1% on posters on here have commented in favour of having a round badge with the eagle included.

It's not even an option to vote for on the official questionnaire.

You said before they'll be canvassing fans all over the world on social media. So I assume you must thing there is an absolute tidal wave of foreign based City fans who want the eagle included in a round badge who are somehow going to outvote the vast majority of match going City fans who have completed the official questionnaire?

Good luck with that.

I'm not sure if you're posting in hope or expectation mate, but to me it seems very much a choice of either eagle or round badge. I'd be absolutely stunned and appalled if we ended up with an eagle squashed in to a round badge like the monstrosity above.

I said Eagle, I'd rather leave the badge as is than lose it, we've had that badge since I was 12.

Mie9LlC.png

This one wasn't bad although the Eagle design needs polishing a little bit, it also creates room for the est. date which is important to a lot of blues. Could lose the initials out of the centre though.
Looks a bit biker oven-ready that bird.

See I don't mind that at all

Captures both elements new and old

Yep, no reason to completely scrap the elements of the current badge if it's done right.

TBH that's quite a smart version.

The eagle here is quite tolerable, however I think the MCFC within the shield is pointless with Manchester City Football Club on the outside anyway.

I was originally anti-eagle, however done like this within a round badge would be OK.

I'd say less than 1% on posters on here have commented in favour of having a round badge with the eagle included.

Are you sure about that? Seems to me if it's included within the design in the right way people don't mind at all :)

Mie9LlC.png

Replace the initials with 1894, change the inner circle for the current flatter shield which would then extend down to cover the gap at the bottom and/or eagle's wings could extend down more and be redesigned...?

Just needs the Lancashire rose under the ship instead of those white stripes.

Those white stripes are the 3 river shield of the city of Manchester mate.

I personally think Manchester City should represent the city of Manchester.

Manchester has not been in Lancashire since 1972 and won't be in Lancashire ever again.

It wouldn't make much sense to bring the Lancashire rose back in my opinion. Leave that for Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Lancaster or whoever.

Replace the initials with 1894, change the inner circle for the current flatter shield which would then extend down to cover the gap at the bottom and/or eagle's wings could extend down more and be redesigned...?

Yeah could work nicely, no idea how to tamper with the pic though.

Manchester has not been in Lancashire since 1972 and won't be in Lancashire ever again.

It wouldn't make much sense to bring the Lancashire rose back in my opinion. Leave that for Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Lancaster or whoever.
Manchester will always be in Lancashire. People saying otherwise are merely engaging in a Southern Jessie plot to diminish Northern Culture and History. Lancashire extends to the Mersey for much of it's Southern border with Cheshire. M post codes denote Lancashire whereas, once you get to, say, Sale, you get a WA postcode and are in Cheshire.

And you'd better have a word with LCCC as they appear to be playing in the wrong county.

Don't think people understand 3 bleeding white stripes on a badge but the red rose represents Lancashire and my County Cricket team,very proud indeed.

Yep, no reason to completely scrap the elements of the current badge if it's done right.

Are you sure about that? Seems to me if it's included within the design in the right way people don't mind at all :)

Yep, @IanBishopsHaircut is a big fan of changing to the round badge. If he had a choice between GeekInGavs core design or the squashed bird, my bet is he'd probably go for the former.

Not sure about the other two posters views. But if we include those two and you, that's three people. There's probably one or two more on the thread somewhere. So assuming there's 5 hundred people who have posted, and there's 5 who would like the squashed bird inside a circle, I'd say 1% is a pretty fair estimate. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.