Club Badge (merged)

No thanks. Evens on one particular design feature out of 6 or 7 possibles? Make it 4/1 and I'll do it.

You said we'll have a round badge, and you said we'll keep the eagle.

Enlighten me, how else can we have both if the eagle is not inside the circle?

You said we'll have a round badge, and you said we'll keep the eagle.

Enlighten me, how else can we have both if the eagle is not inside the circle?

Quite easily really, at the moment we have a shield shaped badge and an Eagle don't we?

they've got some work to do on our Wiki history page Gary!
History
Main article: History of Manchester City F.C.

St. Marks (Gorton) in 1884 – the reason for the Maltese cross is now unknown[5]

Absolutely! Wikipedia is maintained by volunteers who find references to stuff but don't necessarily do the research themselves. I saw a debate once between 2 Wikipedia writers about my research into Hulme Athenaeum. One suggested putting a new page up on the team (Lancashire's earliest known team) because of my research. The other said something like 'no way, just because some bloke's written it doesn't mean it's true' - a line id agree with but if they actually did the research and gone through each and every reference I'd researched myself they'd have known it was true. Basically, if 1 person decides to write something on wiki it gets accepted until someone else changes it. People can do this for all sorts of reasons. Bottom line is that Wikipedia can be useful as a starting point, but it is not necessarily factual, accurate, balanced or thorough.

St Mark's history is well documented in my Manchesyer The City Years and the opening chapters can be read for free in the Look Inside feature on Amazon. Well worth doing. Cheers. It's not even a Maltese Cross by the way. It's a cross Patee

Quite easily really, at the moment we have a shield shaped badge and an Eagle don't we?

No. We have an eagle shaped badge with an inner shield, and you know that full well.

You said earlier we WILL move to a circular badge to "fit in with NYCFC and Melbourne".

You're not seriously expecting anyone to believe what you meant by this is that we keep the current eagle shaped badge but change the inner shield to a circle?

Come on mate, you can do better than that.

My tuppence worth.

Assuming that the idea of the badge is to make it instantly recognisable worldwide as pertaining to Manchester City, is it really necessary to have the name of the club or even its abbreviated form anywhere on it?

Assuming that the idea of the badge is to allow people from anywhere in the world to identify and associate with the club, is there not a need for symbols that can resonate both locally and globally?

Absolutely! Wikipedia is maintained by volunteers who find references to stuff but don't necessarily do the research themselves. I saw a debate once between 2 Wikipedia writers about my research into Hulme Athenaeum. One suggested putting a new page up on the team (Lancashire's earliest known team) because of my research. The other said something like 'no way, just because some bloke's written it doesn't mean it's true' - a line id agree with but if they actually did the research and gone through each and every reference I'd researched myself they'd have known it was true. Basically, if 1 person decides to write something on wiki it gets accepted until someone else changes it. People can do this for all sorts of reasons. Bottom line is that Wikipedia can be useful as a starting point, but it is not necessarily factual, accurate, balanced or thorough.

St Mark's history is well documented in my Manchesyer The City Years and the opening chapters can be read for free in the Look Inside feature on Amazon. Well worth doing. Cheers. It's not even a Maltese Cross by the way. It's a cross Patee

Love having you on this forum Gary even after following City for best part of 40 years I am learning something and it's much appreciated

Now get this badge sorted

Round
Ship
Sheild
3 stripes for rivers
Manchester City around the badge
Job done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.