Club Badge (merged)

Loads of football clubs have redesigned their badge in recent years with very little impact...Chelsea and Tottenham are just two I can think of off the top of my head

I genuinely hope they push a redesign through soon for the very reason you've just given...I have a feeling that we are on the brink of a dynasty...I'd rather be going into that era with the right badge going forward...than the wrong one looking backwards
Also Chelsea changed their badge in 2005 that was their equivalent of our 2008 when they were redeveloping their whole 'brand'. As for tottenham... whos arsed haha

Also Chelsea changed their badge in 2005 that was their equivalent of our 2008 when they were redeveloping their whole 'brand'. As for tottenham... whos arsed haha

Not really...Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003

Anyway my whole point was, even before the russian buyout Chelsea were a reasonably well known club...as are Tottenham..even the scum across the road have had their badge change quite a lot over the years...It certainly wouldn't harm our exposure worldwide...In fact i'd say it would probably improve it with the publicity the new badge would generate

The fact is the current crest is retardedly dated. Probably the worst in the Prem. Even the teams that haven't updated in 50 years look Better than our crest. I know what I'm talking taking. I'm a graphic designer... Have a degree and been in the field for 12 years. We need a rebrand. It's painfully obvious and I'm sure the big wigs and guys in the media team know this. It's a matter of time. Be prepared to either love or hate it. But it WILL change in the next 2 years.

The fact is the current crest is retardedly dated. Probably the worst in the Prem. Even the teams that haven't updated in 50 years look Better than our crest. I know what I'm talking taking. I'm a graphic designer... Have a degree and been in the field for 12 years. We need a rebrand. It's painfully obvious and I'm sure the big wigs and guys in the media team know this. It's a matter of time. Be prepared to either love or hate it. But it WILL change in the next 2 years.

Ours isn't great, but have you seen Bournmouth's? It looks like a Primary school kid has done it as a joke.

From a design / branding point of view, what do you think to GeekinGav's roundel on the previous page?

I think it's not far off being perfect, it reflects our history with the roundel design, our current badge with the crest, reflects Manchester as a city with the crest, and sits perfectly alongside NYCFC and Melbourne's branding.

It often takes a designer with real flair to tweak things to make them look classic and iconic. I'd love to see your interpretation if you had the time.

Just had an email from City asking for views on the current and past badges....

Get in. Let's make this happen rounded lovers.

Over the years, one of the few constants at Manchester City has been the debate over which symbols best represent the Club.

Excluding the City of Manchester's Coat of Arms, City have had three key badges, and opinions about them have been expressed on a variety of platforms - at Supporters' Clubs, fan forums, on blogs and on the terraces.

The debate has flared at various points in our history. Recently we have seen the debate once again intensify.

Over the years, many fans have come up with their own designs of how they think a new badge will look. There has been continuous debate about the importance of the many elements of our various symbols and how they best combine.

The Club has therefore decided to consult with supporters to identify which symbols they feel are most authentic to and reflective of the Club as well as the City of Manchester itself. The consultation is open to Cityzens only and as a Cityzen member, we wanted you to know before the official announcement tomorrow.

You'll be able to share your views from Saturday 17th October, via the physical consultation space at the Etihad Stadium or online through a link that will be shared with you via email on Saturday morning.

spacer.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.