Club Badge (merged)

I like that City is referencing their roots, but the new badge just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't reflect the current stature of the club & doesn't brand the club as being on par with Europe's top dogs.

I think it is ok having slept on it. Could be better but not going to please everyone.

The thing is this badge is a thing of absolute beauty but the red over blue makes me feel sick.
I really hope that this is the actual badge not that horrid red over blue monstrosity

Even feel free to add 18 94 or the 2 Gorton crosses either side.
Red on top of blue just doesn't work!!

2lkuybp.jpg

The thing is this badge is a thing of absolute beauty but the red over blue makes me feel sick.
I really hope that this is the actual badge not that horrid red over blue monstrosity

Even feel free to add 18 94 or the 2 Gorton crosses either side.
Red on top of blue just doesn't work!!

2lkuybp.jpg
Still not sure where you're coming from with the red over blue stuff. It looks great.

Here's an example of what I mean, I think all 4 of these are an improvement on the final design. All look clean, modern, without the awkwardness of the rose on top of the rivers.

A.
wtSz82f.png

B.
ztwE6nn.jpg

C.
ywc2D67.jpg

D.
Epul6qF.jpg

To me, all 4 of them look better than the one we have actually got:
E.

CW8YEgsWYAEwKos.jpg

Looking at those I think what Ideally dislike about our badge is the rivers in sky blue. Having them in white makes a big difference imo.

The club were never going to please everyone, and I'm glad they've retained certain core elements.

As others have suggested though,a bit of tweaking would improve it considerably. Namely adding the words "Football Club", having the three rivers in white, and putting the shield inside the circle rather than overlapping it.

Other than that it's alright, better than the current abomination.

I actually don't like the City being curved looking at the mock ups.

The straight City makes it look more profound, as if to say, balls out, Manchester fucking CITY.

Curved just looks "must make symmetrical. not enough letters. bleeuggh".

Manchester City Football Club would be a different story and would look wonderful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.